The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That's kinda bizarre don't you think? Now there's an opportunity for some kind of an entrepreneur. Everyone seems to be selling the "mass market" appeal stuff and none of the more ecclectic equipment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
you should give the guys at 'act 1 music' in langley, bc a call... awesome guys that may have some of the stuff you're looking for and are always looking for new product lines or to bring in stuff for 'people in the need.'

·
Registered
30 Posts
Robbie will try to give you good service and get you what you want.

Stay away from Tom Lee - your basic Walmart of music equipment but at over-blown prices run by accountants. I'll never go inside their stores again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unfortunately, this area (GVRD) is a friggin black hole for decent gear, outside of the biggest names Mesa,Marshall,Peavey. It doesn't help that all music stores here have just about become L&M's. And to top if off the pawn shops are pretty much a joke, to what they used to be.

Thankfully, we do have a few decent web outlets now, lamusic, bellones, and songbird music, that we can order from.

It gets even worse when you are trying to get some replacement parts, or trying to find some repair service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Sounds grim...can't be as bad as Winnipeg though. Although if you come through the peg check out Quest music. Nice guys...Orange, Framus, Ashdown, others.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
If you are passin' thru Calgary en route to Vancouver you may want to make a stop. I just came back from Vancouver and Seattle and ...Calgary actually beats them both for selection believe it or not. Off the top of my head.....not everything you listed...but there are some nice higher priced amps to check out...

L&M has Fuchs, Dr Z, handwired Marshalls, Fender RI's, Victoria, and Hiwatt handwired.

Guitarworks has Bad Cat and MATCHLESS

Guitar Connection has Bogner and Hiwatt

Nothing boutique (IMO) at Axe or Mother's that I remember.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts