The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm goin to be in Vancouver this wednesday . any thought on music store/guitar shops to check out that are between the airport in Richmond and downtown near Granville island ?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
My favorite shop is Blue Dog Guitars but it's over the bridge in North Van. Long and McQuade on Main st has about the best selection of high end and some vintage of all the L&M stores I've been too. There's lots of other shops but those are the 2 I usually try to hit.

Reactions: High/Deaf

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Blue Dog is great for acoustics. Tiny store. More like a basement suite. L&M on Main is great. Great selection. Skip the L&M in Richmond. It felt like it was about to close. Nothing in it. Waste of time. I hit a couple others in town (sorry I forget the names) lots of garbage. The Tom Lee on Granville is OK.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Blue Dog is great for acoustics. Tiny store. More like a basement suite. L&M on Main is great. Great selection. .
I'm not sure if you're referring to the old location, but there new one is under the 2nd Narrows, near the harbour. It is a bit bigger warehouse with a partial second floor. Still not huge, but bigger than their first place. Still lots of beeeeeuuuuuutiful acoustics there - the Candy Store.

I agree with L&M Mainstreet. Big store with lots of high-end new and used stuff. I hear Whiterock has a new L&M - my buddy just bought a Tele there. But that's going the wrong way and probably not worth trying on a lark. The Tom Lee on Granville used to be pretty good too, but it's been quite a few years since I've been in that store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts