The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a friend has inherited a Gibson acoustic that belonged to her late grandfather. She thinks it's from the early 50s. Can you recommend a reputable store that deals in high-end & vintage acoustic guitars? She would like to have an appraisal performed & get an estimate for any work that may need doing.

·
Premium Member
12,020 Posts
IMO, only one answer here. BlueDog Guitars under the Second Narrows Bridge. Absolute one of the best high end and vintage guitar dealers in the LM, and maybe the best in Canada. They have a great relationship with Paul Iverson, one of the most respected luthier/techs in Vancouver. On any given day, you may bump into some other pretty good luthiers at their shop. I dropped my Lowden off for a little truss rod tweek, Shelley Park happened to drop by so she did it. Not your run of the mill acoustic guitar store.

If she only wants repairs, she can go straight to Tom Lee in North Van and deal directly with Paul. But for the appraisal and possible a consignment deal, I would Strongly recommend BlueDog. Paul and Jenn will treat her right.

Bluedog Guitars - best acoustic guitar, guitar store, guitar stores vancouver

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
BlueDog Guitars twice won NAMM awards. They do have some very pricey guitars, just a wee bit more than I would spend, they also have Art&Lutherie, Godin and some good mid range acoustics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts