The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I wonder what you would choose if you were given the choice.
Both are used but mint. The HT-20 does not come with a cab, just the head.

What would you consider the best value (let say you like them both for the sound even if different)
Pros and cons?

Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Namaste Budda,
Thanks for your input.
Here are the points I consider so far:
- The VK112 has 2 channels and the dirty channel as (2 stages) dial personalities with the boost. MH as 2 channels, clean and gain.
- VK112 has separate eqs for both channels, not the MH.

I believe the VK might be more versatile with plenty of tones ranging from "Fender ish" clean to blusy dirty to hard rock relatively high gain.

Any other points to consider?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the original question was more about the "perceived value" of the VK over HT. I should have told you that I own both of these amps at the moment I asked the question.

I love them both for diff reasons. The VK has new JJ tubes in It as well a brand new UK made Cestion G12 Vintage. It sounds really good. The HT is bone stock and it is a lovely amp. It is plugged on a Blackstar HTV412B.

I have been thinking about trading the VK (with the original Peavey speaker) plus some cash for the HT which seems pretty clean (like 9.5/10). Then, last week the guy I was suppose to trade with backed from the deal. Finally, this morning I added a MXR Micro-Chorus in the deal and VOILA! I should have it this thursday at home. Both HT will be plugged stereo.

I will now be on (a budget) quest to:
A) Sell my 4x12 and buy 2 used but decent 2x12 (prefered option), but they are hard to find)
B) Find another 4x12 (and lose the little space I had left in my music room...)

It is never easy? Is it. Oh Well! First world problem I know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.