The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever own or currently own a pre-samick Valley Arts guitar? Very nice guitars if they can be found. I am always on the lookout for them. Would like to see any pics or info on any owned. Prior to the purchase of the company by Samick.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
While they are nice guitars, I seem to notice a couple of guitar stores trying to artificially elevate the prices of the older ones. They are buying them off Ebay and then putting them in there stores at twice the price with the whole "Pre Samick" "Pre Gibson" crap..................

·
Registered
20 Posts
pre samick valley arts

I have one that michael mcquire built for me in the mid 1980,s. I had picked a kind of mix of a larry carlton smaller strat with the woods from a steve lukather strat. I still have it and it's a great guitar even with a quilted one piece maple body and birds eye neck and thick slab of ebony. one might think that it would be overly bright with that combo of woods but it's really quite warm and full, also they made them solid as a rock, I dont think that I have done a truss rod adj more than once or twice. the builder had lost everthing in a fire and sold the name to samick, then went on to run the gibson custom shop. I don't have a dig camera but if I get my hands on one I'll post a couple of pics.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Those Mike McGuire era Valley Arts guitars are really nice. I had the opportunity to go to their shop around 1990. Fine instruments they are indeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts