The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now Im using my Behringer X V-Amp with my Behringer Ultra Tube mic pre and Im using the mic pre after to simulate the power section to give the added boost because I feel it works better AFTER the main distortion. I run it into my Yamaha G100-112 combo and listen through the speaker and record through the line out on the amp because Im using the speaker sim on the V-Amp. Im planning on getting the V-Amp Pro and using a 31 band EQ in there somewhere and then I can get pretty much any sound I could ever want. The V-Amp was bought new for 120 and I've used it for that and much more already, Mic pre was 50 and damn its good. The amp was only 75 and it has a parametric EQ on it as well. There are just so many bargins to be found. I may even paint the tolex on the amp by taking it apart and spraying it with my RED granite paint. Now that would be neat. Please note that the tube pre has only been used for loads of gain and not moderate rock gain. Just loads of metal.

·
Registered
788 Posts
sometimes you can get killer tone with inexpensive gear, I had a peavey backstage SS amp with a metaldriver pedal in front and it could nail metallica's sound. Just didn't have the volume I needed. I have to add I could only get a great metal sound with my BC Rich loaded with ducan distortions...those pups are killer :rockon2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a couple or ART TUBE PAC preamp compressors and they make really nice overdrive units with tube compression built in. The only problem is they really need to be isolated from other transformers and power sources because you get a wicked 60 cps hum running into the front end of a guitar amp. They break up smoothly, add a lot of warmth to the mids, and with the compression, you almost don't need another pedal.

Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts