The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a non pro Ive owned a feew gibsons and other a/e s and never use the pickup and was curious if owners of gibson and other gits with factory pu s find they are unused/unecessary and then consider ripping them out ?at least the under saddle strip, cheers j

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
That would lower your saddle quite a bit.

Unless your action is way too high right now, it's probably best to just leave it there unused.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
My Father had a D28 with a pickup installed and pulled the whole setup out. After he cut a new saddle the high end seemed harsher than it was back when the pickup installed, he even cut another just to see if it was a bad piece of bone but the result was the same. So as much as I hate the sound of a plugged in acoustic I've decided to leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been down the road of removal and wont do it again, I was curious if many people would prefer to live without a factory under saddle pu and would prefer to have it as an option instead< it kinda bugs me ( the whole assembly) and my battery has long been removed but the ribbon under my saddle seems like a bad idea for unplugged players, maybe a gibson could be less costly without them as well, cheers j

1 - 4 of 4 Posts