The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be able to post images directly from my computer. Now all I get is the "Image URL" option. I don't use third party image storage. What happened to the upload option?
According to my "Gold Membership" status (which is current) I should be able to.

Gold Membership
This subscription entitles the user to: - Advertisement free experience - The ability to create threads in the For Sale Forum - Signature permissions - Ability to upload pictures direct from computer - Permission to upload photo's and media to the media gallery

·
Registered
497 Posts
I used to be able to post images directly from my computer. Now all I get is the "Image URL" option. I don't use third party image storage. What happened to the upload option?
According to my "Gold Membership" status (which is current) I should be able to.

Gold Membership
This subscription entitles the user to: - Advertisement free experience - The ability to create threads in the For Sale Forum - Signature permissions - Ability to upload pictures direct from computer - Permission to upload photo's and media to the media gallery
I am not a Gold Member.... does this mean I am not allowed to upload pictures? I don't use a third party either.

Use the Upload a File button, between Post Reply and More Options under the dialog box.
There is no "button" between these two above mentioned buttons for me....

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
I am not a Gold Member.... does this mean I am not allowed to upload pictures? I don't use a third party either.

There is no "button" between these two above mentioned buttons for me....
You need to be a gold member to upload directly. Once you have gold member status you will see the upload file button below the text field as pictured below.
9DD4A75D-AEEB-4310-944B-10A8CBF272AF.jpeg

Or you can use a third party hosting site and use the photo button at the top to insert the photo url provided by you hosting site.
BA9BD24A-1AEB-474C-BE35-A1C6761B2184.jpeg

·
Registered
497 Posts
You need to be a gold member to upload directly. Once you have gold member status you will see the upload file button below the text field as pictured below.
View attachment 147921
Or you can use a third party hosting site and use the photo button at the top to insert the photo url provided by you hosting site.
View attachment 147929
Ya, that button isn't an option for me.

Next question, how does one become a Gold Member?

DANG!!! A perfect opportunity to insert a picture of Dr Evil!!

·
Premium Member
17,629 Posts
Next question, how does one become a Gold Member?
Go to the top of the page and you will see three horizontal lines to the right of the word "Members".
Click on them and go through "Contact us" (I assume).
My gold membership runs out tonight. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Go to the top of the page and you will see three horizontal lines to the right of the word "Members".
Click on them and go through "Contact us" (I assume).
My gold membership runs out tonight. We will see what happens.
At the top of my screen, to the right of the word "Members" is "Supporting Member" & "Help".

"Help", didn't.... but I did find the Contact Us tab.... mine was at the bottom right.

Thanks for your Help.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Maybe it varies because I am a member?? At least, until 10:47 p.m. (or something) tonight...LOL
Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it won't be a case of logging on tomorrow and there'll be no trace of you. That would suck!

·
Premium Member
17,629 Posts
Hopefully it won't be a case of logging on tomorrow and there'll be no trace of you.
If I'm not here tomorrow, send out a St Bernard dog with a barrel around its neck. For the barrel contents...I prefer Italian red wine ...mainly from Puglia.

You know what...send the dog with the wine barrel no matter what.. just in case.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If I'm not here tomorrow, send out a St Bernard dog with a barrel around its neck. For the barrel contents...I prefer Italian red wine ...mainly from Puglia.

You know what...send the dog with the wine barrel no matter what.. just in case.
From the inter-webs.... "The phrase “wine is bottled sunshine” fits Puglian wine exceptionally well".

Love Italian reds! If I had a dog like that, I wouldn't let it out of the yard.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I could not load images either-click on your user name at the top right-then click preferences and the UNCLICK upload images using Flash.. then save

1 - 20 of 22 Posts