The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I have a new Epiphone Les paul studio and its a great guitar, I love the feel of it and the tone isnt bad but leaves a little to be desired. I was wondering if anyone has some advice on what I need to do to get it sounding more like a tone machine instead of lacking just that lil extra sumthing. I play a bit of everything a bit of blues, classic rock, punk and some heavey metal so Im looking for upgrades that would be good all round.:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Change out the pots and switch and do some research on pickups to find what you think will suit your needs. Epi's can be great guitars with a little tweaking.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
I would agree, you will get your best results switching out those pots and dropping in some new pick-ups. I had an EPI LP a few years back. Made some changes to it and it turned out to be a very nice guitar. I sold it, funny thing is, I miss it today, it had a really nice tone to it. I put Seymour Duncan's in it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You may even get away with keeping the pickups, they really arent THAT bad, but the pots usualy are lol. Take those out first, see the results, then go from there.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
and don't forget some good caps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys yur input is really apreciatted and I will do exactly that Ill start with the pot and the switch and then go from there. Only one thing what is a cap? sorry Im only on my first year of playing so I dont know all this technical stuff yet.:rockon:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts