The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2 sets of Pivothead video recording glasses. Both are out of warranty and need new batteries. I am having difficulty finding the correct battery. Pivothead has washed their hands of them.

The specs are:

3.7V Lithium Polymer 440mAh rechargeable battery. The form factor dimensions are approximately 1″ × 1/4" (maybe thinner) x 1/2". About 25mm x 15mm x 12mm thick. They have a tiny circuit board at the end where the leads are.

They have 3 wires, and I understand the 3rd white wire is for temperature.
***EDIT: I only need 2 wire, as I think the small circuit at the end of the battery is what the 3rd wire needs. I was told all these batteries only have 2 wires or flat metal tabs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but unfortunately the 3 wire one is 40mm x 30mm and the other is 2 wire and 25mm x 40mm.

I need them to be 25mm long by 15mm wide with 3 wires, with the 3rd wire being a thermistor wire.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look like this but are smaller and a skinnier rectangle at 35mm long and 15 mm wide.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I don't need 3 wire. Two wire will work I think. The tiny circuit board at the end of the battery may be able to be soldered to the board.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked this info on one battery: aec811836

When I Google it I get some hits. If interested, check the pdf, then search for aec811836

aec811836 - Google Search

I have no idea how to contact this company or buy their batteries...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The RC guys use alot of these. Check out Greathobbies.com. You might have to add your own connector or use an adapter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I checked this info on one battery: aec811836

When I Google it I get some hits. If interested, check the pdf, then search for aec811836

aec811836 - Google Search

I have no idea how to contact this company or buy their batteries...
Hi there,

Did you ever have any luck finding a battery/replacing your old ones? I am currently in the same situation, looking to replace batteries for 2 pair of Pivothead Durango glasses. I see you were able to take on apart and view the battery. Did you do this via the small screw in the arm?

Thanks for any help,

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Hi there,

Did you ever have any luck finding a battery/replacing your old ones? I am currently in the same situation, looking to replace batteries for 2 pair of Pivothead Durango glasses. I see you were able to take on apart and view the battery. Did you do this via the small screw in the arm?

Thanks for any help,
Nope. Let me know. I also have a few pairs of Samsung 3D glasses that are DOA. Different size, same issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts