The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a regular listener of Marc Maron's WTF podcast, for the last few years. He often begins each show with some pre-recorded guitar noodling to fade into the interview he's doing, and when the interview has ended, he'll sometimes improvise on guitar. Monday's show, with D.L. Hughley, ended with Maron playing something uncharacteristically Gretsch-ey sounding. The jangle seemed unmistakable. Since I had never heard him play a Gretsch of any type before, I figured it was a new guitar, and wrote to him about it. Turns out I was mistaken. He was gracious enough to take a few moments to write back, and let me know that it was in fact NOT a Gretsch, but actually a Nash T69TL Thin-line Tele copy, played through an Echoplex and a'57 Deluxe. (those L.A. showbiz types get all the good gear). From what I can see, the T69TL is sometimes made of mahogany, and sometimes other woods. I gather they all use Lollar pickups, though. Just a glorious jangley tone to it. That Bill Nash makes some nice guitars.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts