The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this homemade 2x12 I bought some years back. Decided to crack it open to see what I was working with a noticed the speakers are Canadian made. Unfortunately that's all it says.
The only information I can get from them is "DGD6", "Made In Canada" and I think it says "GL1250".

Can anyone help me identify these?

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
Garnet Marsland, early to mid 70's

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
D6 = April 76
GL1250 = Garnet Lead 12 inch 50 watts
Interesting. I have been trying to figure those codes out. My 1978 Session Man has GV1260. I had the 12” and 60 watt figures correct. I thought the G stood for guitar, and no clue for the V.

DGK8 is the other code. I was pretty sure the 8 was for 1978. So K might be for November? DG, I am not sure of.

I am sure of one thing, those speakers can make just about any amp sound bad. At least to my ears. Yes, they work, but they don’t work for me.

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Interesting. I have been trying to figure those codes out. My 1978 Session Man has GV1260. I had the 12” and 60 watt figures correct. I thought the G stood for guitar, and no clue for the V.

DGK8 is the other code. I was pretty sure the 8 was for 1978. So K might be for November? DG, I am not sure of.

I am sure of one thing, those speakers can make just about any amp sound bad. At least to my ears. Yes, they work, but they don’t work for me.
The V speaker is OK at best. Replace with the guitar speaker of your choice asap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts