The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Two of the nicest guitars I have played in a long time.

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Warren 
#1 ·
First up, a 2006 Gretsch G6121. What a beautiful guitar. Of course it looks amazing, but it played REALLY well and had such nice tone and acoustic resonance. Oh man, I want this SO bad. A complete surprise, I had never even heard of the guitar before yesterday.

Next up was a Gibson Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Special DC. This is the nicest neck I have ever played! Oh my, it felt PERFECT in my hand. Combined with my never ending gas for P-90s I wanted to cry. Just a gorgeous instrument in every way.

Each guitar was just over $2000 CDN but I would pay that in an instant if I had the cash around. I've promised myself that when I finish my degree I am buying at least one "nice" guitar. I may have found it/them . . .

See less See more
#3 ·
I was ready to by the Gretsch Roundup about 3 years ago, it played and sounded great. I can usually tell in the store if I'll like the guitar as a long-term keeper and I got that feeling with this one. But, someone beat me to it with the cash. Not a big deal, I ended up finding my Bluesbird shortly after.

#4 ·
Warren said:
I was ready to by the Gretsch Roundup about 3 years ago, it played and sounded great. I can usually tell in the store if I'll like the guitar as a long-term keeper and I got that feeling with this one. But, someone beat me to it with the cash. Not a big deal, I ended up finding my Bluesbird shortly after.

Bluesbird is a great guitar. I love mine. They can be had a whole lot less than $2K.

#7 ·
elindso said:
Bluesbird is a great guitar. I love mine. They can be had a whole lot less than $2K.
Absolutely, I have 2 guitars that I always play, the Bluesbird in my avatar and a strat. I love the Bluesbird and they're an inexpensive guitar compared to others in their class.

#8 · (Edited)
Warren said:
Absolutely, I have 2 guitars that I always play, the Bluesbird in my avatar and a strat. I love the Bluesbird and they're an inexpensive guitar compared to others in their class.
Warren, there was a Bluesbird like yours up on the wall off Belle Air Music when they had a store in Woodstock a few years ago. If I knew what I knew now I would have bought that guitar. I was only smart enough to get the brochure though. :confused-smiley-010

Maybe I'll drop by the London Music Club one Thursday night and listen to yours. I'm usually in London every Thursday until 9.

I should bring my Gibson Blueshawk along so you can show me what kind of noises are inside it.

#9 ·
Mike T. said:
Warren, there was a Bluesbird like yours up on the wall off Belle Air Music when they had a store in Woodstock a few years ago. If I knew what I knew now I would have bought that guitar. I was only smart enough to get the brochure though. :confused-smiley-010

Maybe I'll drop by the London Music Club one Thursday night and listen to yours. I'm usually in London every Thursday until 9.

I should bring my Gibson Blueshawk along so you can show me what kind of noises are inside it.
I think mine is that one, I traded a Strat for it with the Music Shop on Richmond, then had the Bigsby installed. I couldn't live without the trem.

By all means come by the Club on Thurday, I'm usually there from 9:00/9:30 to about 12:00, bring your guitar, and you show me what kind of noises are inside it.

#10 ·
Warren said:
I think mine is that one, I traded a Strat for it with the Music Shop on Richmond, then had the Bigsby installed. I couldn't live without the trem.
When I saw yours I wondered if it was the same one. How long ya had it? About ten years or so?

By all means come by the Club on Thurday, I'm usually there from 9:00/9:30 to about 12:00
I ride the velodrome down at Wellington & 401 until 9 so I'll see if I can make it either this or some Thursday.

bring your guitar, and you show me what kind of noises are inside it.
If it was someone's birthday in the crowd I might oblige but otherwise.....errrr, no! :eek:

#11 ·
Mike T. said:
When I saw yours I wondered if it was the same one. How long ya had it? About ten years or so?

Maybe it's not, it's a 2002, and I got it used about 3 years ago. It was purchased from one of Matt's Stores then traded in for something else, what I was told.

Mike T. said:
I ride the velodrome down at Wellington & 401 until 9 so I'll see if I can make it either this or some Thursday.
I'm usually there. You'll enjoy it whether you play or not.

Mike T. said:
If it was someone's birthday in the crowd I might oblige but otherwise.....errrr, no! :eek:
Please, tell your music teacher you're finished with concentrating on mastering Happy Birthday and learn some easy 12 bar blues. The audience is receptive to everyone and we all have a great time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.