The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a Bearfoot FX Sparkling Yellow Overdrive 1, and really like the tweed flavour and feel that it brings. The drive seems to push and pull like a real amp, and reacts really well to picking dynamics. However, the tone pot seems to adjust the mids along with the highs as you turn it up, and I just can't seem to get it to sit right with my amp (AC30).

I'm wondering if anyone on here has experience with any tweed flavoured drives that might lean more on the brighter side, and with great dynamics? One pedal that I'm curious about right now is the Catalinbread Formula 5F6 as it has a presence adjustment in a form of a trimpot, and the other is the Lovepedal High Powered Tweed Twin. Would love to hear your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I am a huge fan of the Lovepedal Les Lius and the high power tweed twin.

I use them as an “always on” pedal before my blackface reverb amps to give a little hair on the chest of the clean tones and to push my dirty tone into tweed territory.

·
Premium Member
27,718 Posts
I am a huge fan of the Lovepedal Les Lius and the high power tweed twin.

I use them as an “always on” pedal before my blackface reverb amps to give a little hair on the chest of the clean tones and to push my dirty tone into tweed territory.
I made myself one of those a few year back. Like a lot of the early Lovepedal products, it was essentially a variation on the old Electra drive, with tweaks. Wasn't bad, but I felt no great sense of loss when I sold it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts