Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have no idea... I like the tuners on my Godin Exit-22 and those on my Seagull S6+.

Both stay in tune very well, both are easy to adjust and are pretty smooth. But I can't compare with other type of tuners.

.02$ (cnd)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've used some pretty cheap-assed tuners and other than the ones that bind or stiffen up, they all pretty much do the same thing (locking and staggered string holes aside). Some 'feel' nicer than others and some have different turn ratios, but I have never really developed a preference for any of them. As long as they do their job, I'm happy with them.

What I would like is a dual ratio tuner that could take up the slack in a string change really fast but then change to a more precise ratio when you get close to pitch, as far as I know no one makes anything like that.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
What Hamm guitars said; I have no real preference. Although I do really like the tuners on my Exit 22, as well. Nice finish on them too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
whatever fender tuners are on my tele and tc-90. neither of those guitars ever go out of tune. got sperzels on my les paul...it doesn't stay in tune.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
I know dick about tuners. The less I have to use them, the better they are I assume.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I know dick about tuners. The less I have to use them, the better they are I assume.
LOL

Good one. Although if you were into alternate tunings you'd be reaching for the tuners a lot too - just for other reasons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts