The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
I ordered my new Yamaha FG830 one month ago on March 20 from Long & McQuade.

Today would be 23 business days since then!

I would blame Yamaha, not L&M. Yamaha probably ships in batches so might not send yours until they are sending a full order.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
You are a patient man, Guncho. Don't they even have a date for you?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No and they were kind of grumpy when I asked how long they figured. I was being really relaxed about it but figured I should ask. Right?

It's ok. I don't really need it til the campfire jams start happening but it would be nice to have.

I have my other two acoustics til then.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's funny most guitar players have you know this guitar for open tuning slide, this guitar for drop d, etc.

My needs are
Acoustic #1 Hobby recording and serious jams
Acoustic #2 Normal campfire jams
Acoustic #3 Camping, beach and "this might get out of hand" campfire jams

lol

I have 1 and 3, this will be #2.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I don't understand why they were so snooty about it when you asked. They should have been a lot nicer and sympathetic seeing they had such a patient customer.Like I said, you are patient. Buffalo ain't that far away.

Reactions: Scotty

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like it needs a setup. A little buzzy.

I've actually never seen a youtube video that does the FG830 justice.

Actually that is really buzzy. You'd think they would have set it up before making the demo video.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man still no guitar. I ordered an umbrella off Amazon and I knew where it was every step of the way.

Brand new guitar? Somewhere between Japan and here? Maybe?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Man still no guitar. I ordered an umbrella off Amazon and I knew where it was every step of the way.

Brand new guitar? Somewhere between Japan and here? Maybe?
I was thinking of you yesterday when I was at Tony's Music Box in Fredericton. They had everything but the FG830 in stock.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I don't understand why they were so snooty about it when you asked. Buffalo ain't that far away.
I would've said something similar had I gotten snotty service.

Actually, I just had a row with someone. I asked if he treated all his customers with the same amount of attitude. I won't be back

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Just so weird that they don't even know what country it is in.
If you don't get one by the first of June, you can PM me. I will be heading your way and might be able to pick one up and drop it off to you if you wish as there will be some shops with stock on my way.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you don't get one by the first of June, you can PM me. I will be heading your way and might be able to pick one up and drop it off to you if you wish as there will be some shops with stock on my way.
Appreciate the offer but I've already returned one brand new one as it had issues so will definitely be buying it from somewhere I can easily return it if need be.

I've noticed that Cosmo has gotten another in stock and the one I returned is gone. Worst case scenario I'll drive up there.

Really I don't "need it" til June just taking a long time.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Appreciate the offer but I've already returned one brand new one as it had issues so will definitely be buying it from somewhere I can easily return it if need be.

I've noticed that Cosmo has gotten another in stock and the one I returned is gone. Worst case scenario I'll drive up there.

Really I don't "need it" til June just taking a long time.
Just thought I would give you an option, Patient One.:)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts