The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pickups are open range Shawbuckers they are very open and bright- I really like them. does anybody have one of these guitars yet- what can you tell me?

This is the one I am trying.....

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
"The pickups are open range Shawbuckers they are very open and bright- I really like them. does anybody have one of these guitars yet- what can you tell me?"

IF you really like that sound, save yourself a tonne of money and get this guitar.
I will guarantee you that with the same amp, same settings, same pedals, it will sound exactly the same.
G.
Fender Musical Instruments - Bullet HSS with Tremolo - Sunburst

·
Premium Member
11,565 Posts
I hope those pickups are better than the WRHM-lookalikes in my Mexican Thinline. They're okay, but nothing like as good as the WRHB in my dear departed Tele Deluxe.

(Edit for clarification...My Deluxe was an original '73, a superb guitar in every way, an airy acoustic-y rhythm tone on the neck pickup but could still growl with the bridge pickup or both together. My current Mexican Thinline is a nice guitar but shouldn't be confused for or compared to the Deluxe.)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Thats the prob with the old mexi tele deluxes, the parts and pickups were crap. Ruined it for me for a long time.

If this plays as nice as a USA deluxe tele, then I think I'll have to wipe my ejaculate from myself and go find one. I hate to see the price tag though, also the reason I just had a 'deluxe' tele hand built for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What are they going for?
Tyler usually has them posted and priced on his website . he just started stocking Suhr as well. very nice stuff . The stock looking vintage guitars are less $ than i expected . sub 3k. excellent workmanship.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I haven't tried that model, but I have tried (more extensively than the store would ha preferred lol) 10 of the Pro series Teles, and each has been a beautifully finished, excellent sounding, playing, and looking instrument. Most impressive thing Fender has put out in a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts