The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All access for a year is now 50% off so I decide to invest in myself rather than buy more gear. I really want to work on my technique and finally build some speed. I also want to learn some rockabilly bebop inspired leads and, finally, tapping just to play Van Halen when I am feeling 13.

Any recommendations from TrueFire users?

TG

P

·
0 Posts
I bought the course "Blues With Brains". Same thing I did the first lesson or so then never got past that. I did a nice recording over one of the backing tracks though.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I think that is a very good decision.

It looks like Truefire wants to take advantage of all the new players that will be starting to learn guitar on Dec. 25th.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I’ve barely touched it. I cannot find anything that draws me in. Everything is either a bunch of banal ‘licks’ or ‘step 1: learn every scale in every key anywhere on the neck before we can start!’

It’s to the point where I almost forgot I even subscribed because I haven’t bothered with it in months.

TG

P

·
0 Posts
Update: I’ve barely touched it. I cannot find anything that draws me in. Everything is either a bunch of banal ‘licks’ or ‘step 1: learn every scale in every key anywhere on the neck before we can start!’

It’s to the point where I almost forgot I even subscribed because I haven’t bothered with it in months.

TG
I subscribed to Groove3 for software recording videos for about 4 years in a row. If I watched 10 videos 1/4 through it would be exaggerating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All access for a year is now 50% off so I decide to invest in myself rather than buy more gear.

TG
Wise choice. It takes time to develop technique so make sense to get started as soon as possible. Gear can be bought any time.

As far as Truefire is concerned, I prefer to just get the individual courses that I need. There is a tremendous amount of material there to choose from. I try to buy courses that are on sale and stick to a few educators that I like.

Reactions: Rozz

·
Premium Member
712 Posts

TG
I found the same. Very little useful, lasting instruction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts