The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banana:
Woo Hoo, I won a pair of tickets to the Triumph party at the Hard Rock in Toronto! Its a celebration of their induction in to the Rock n Roll hall of fame. I hope a reunion tour is a possibility!

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Just saw Gil Moore a few weeks back at the Canadian Songwriters Hall Of Fame. He looked very fit. Possibly ready to hit the road again?????

·
Premium Member
5,172 Posts
One of my first guitars was actually one of Ric Emmet's guitar from the Sport of Kings tour. I got it on consignment at MusicPlex in Brampton. It was a prototype Yamaha RGX that they ended up basing the production models around.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I caught the tail end of a radio interview last week with Mike Levine. He says that all 3 of them are now friends again after many bitter years apart.

When asked if they were planning a tour, he said there were no plans at this time to tour. When asked if getting together for the reunion was the only thing planned, he said there are other plans for Triumph, not just the hall of fame deal.

Methinks they may actually record and tour. I certainly hope so. I saw them 3 times back in the day, and their final tour was so unispired and dissappointing.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I caught the tail-end of what they did on Q107 Friday afternoon - I'd also love to be able to see them again.

Mr. Emmett (along with Neil Young & George Harrison) was one of the reasons I picked up the guitar in the first place. Caught a couple of their shows in Detroit and loved them.

I just gave my Yamaha RGX612 to a buddy's little brother in law a couple of months ago to let him catch the guitar's appeal. Couldn't let him take my Rexx RG45 amp as well though - if you're old enough to remember the ads a certain member of Triumph used to do in some of the old guitar magazines.

Spoke to Rik once when he played in my building a couple of years ago - gotta say, I've spoken and met a handful of my early inspirations, and he certainly wasn't the most pleasant gentleman to me. Just passed along that he was a huge influence in getting me started on the guitar while he was waiting in line for a coffee maybe 4 hours before showtime, and he couldn't cared less. I'd still pay to go see them regroup, but I'm not sure I'd wait in line at a Timothy's for coffee with him... Perhaps he was expecting complimentary beverages and his resentment wasn't really directed at me?

If not else, his hair was perfect.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Saturday night was great.........except Rik didn't show up. That was a total bummer. I got all excited because a White V was on stage so I thought maybe a chance for a song or two? Nope. Just some picture taking with a plaque commemorating their induction.

It was cool watching the Triumph concerts on the big screen throughtout the party! Rik certainly put alot of energy into his performances. The US festival was great.

I was kinda hoping to see more big names from the industry but no one was was there, other then Allanah Myles?

I tried to get a picture with Mike Levine but he blew me off big time. :mad:
There was no mention of a possible reunion.

Oh well, the wife and I still had a great time and we went out for a late night supper at the Ultra Supper Club after the party.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Rik had said on Q107 that he was already scheduled to play at Brock in St. Catharines Saturday night with some orchestra doing covers of Clapton tunes.

Honest.

To hear him tell it, rippin on Bell Bottom Blues and both acoustic and electric versions of Layla with an orchestra filling everything in is amazing.

Certainly could be, I guess.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Wow, they are in the Hall of Fame?:eek: Please, no offence to the fans of this particular band, but what have they done to deserve this?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mario said:
Wow, they are in the Hall of Fame?:eek: Please, no offence to the fans of this particular band, but what have they done to deserve this?
Well, it turns out, it's the Canadian Rock n Roll hall of fame. They definitely deserve to be there.

As for THE "Rock n Roll" hall of fame...... in my heart they deserve to be there too.

I can't believe Grand Master Flash made it into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame???
:confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
249 Posts
ne1roc said:
I can't believe Grand Master Flash made it into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame???
:confused-smiley-010
They (GMF and the Furious Five) pioneered an entirely new genre of music... I think that qualifies.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts