The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time is near, wifey is about to pop any day now with kid #3. Once the dust settles am under directions from the boss to get snipped. I have to say, there's not a lot of things that make me nervous but this is one of them. Any calming words to be had on this type of thing or does it just plain suck?

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Sucks. And it’s not pain free like they say (I think they say that because otherwise no one would do it). But once it’s done, it’s done and it’s worth the temporary discomfort.

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sucks. And it’s not pain free like they say (I think they say that because otherwise no one would do it). But once it’s done, it’s done and it’s worth the temporary discomfort.
I have to find a deal on a TV for my man room prior to the procedure so I can be left alone with my guitars and PS4 for a few days after so nobody sees me cry :(

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Yup. No fun, but worth it. Make sure that you go for the follow-up test. I know a couple of guys in our local hockey league who didn't and ended up with a surprise.

The urologist who did mine was a real comedian. At one point, he said, "Okay, that's it", waited just long enough that I actually thought he was done, then said, "Now for the other side."

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Make sure you have ice packs.

Now, I did have to travel a couple of days after mine, which didn’t help, but generally I avoided doing anything too strenuous. It will also be sensitive for a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make sure you have ice packs.

Now, I did have to travel a couple of days after mine, which didn’t help, but generally I avoided doing anything too strenuous. It will also be sensitive for a few weeks.
I had a buddy of mine that got an infection and he ended up with two grapefruit sized members, that's really the part of it that scares the shit out of me. Apparently when they say DON'T do ANYTHING for at least 2 days they mean it!

Reactions: jdto

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Get it done on a Friday and you'll be fine by Monday morning. Bag of frozen corn or peas and rotate, then make soup in the crockpot. Trim before you go in, ask they play some music in the background just so it isn't silence while someone juggles your balls, otherwise its just plain awkward. Nothing was terrible except the feeling of tension in my chest, I guess everything is connected and when they tug on it you feel it all the way up the body.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
No problem here...I asked my doc for some meds to calm me down. He gave me these awesome pills. I was supposed to take two, but I took 4 by mistake and only have vague memories of the whole ordeal. Hardly any pain after. Of course, after kid number 3, it hasn't been that usefull.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
no issue here...when they say you aren't supposed to feel anything, and you do...stop them and refreeze...one nut wasn't frozen enough...
keep it clean and you should be fine...was in your shoes, and wasn't able to 'not' lift anything more than 5lbs...I made it through...but when the say wait until the stitches come out to tango...wait...that hurts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Yup. No fun, but worth it. Make sure that you go for the follow-up test. I know a couple of guys in our local hockey league who didn't and ended up with a surprise.
Yep - me bud had it done and the follow up test said he was not shooting blanks.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
Bag of frozen corn or peas and rotate, then make soup in the crockpot.
One of my patients actually did this while I was treating him as a physio following knee surgery. I told him to stop using the peas as a cold pack and he said "I did, I ate them"

I guess everything is connected and when they tug on it you feel it all the way up the body.
You have some interesting and atypical "connections".

·
Registered
485 Posts
Frozen peas! They form fit nicely. Get like 3 or 4 bags... always have some in reserve when the one you're using starts to thaw, and very important, do not let the peas fully thaw. When they re-freeze, they won't be lose and "cupping".

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
Frozen peas. life saver. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,577 Posts
Depends on yer pain tolerance, honestly. I had mine done at age 31, I was fit and high energy, had no *significant* or anywhere near untolerable pain. Did the 1 day on the couch with a bag of peas thing, then said hell with it and got on living my life.

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get it done on a Friday and you'll be fine by Monday morning. Bag of frozen corn or peas and rotate, then make soup in the crockpot. Trim before you go in, ask they play some music in the background just so it isn't silence while someone juggles your balls, otherwise its just plain awkward. Nothing was terrible except the feeling of tension in my chest, I guess everything is connected and when they tug on it you feel it all the way up the body.
I'm on salary... I'll do it Wednesday, take two sick days then enjoy my weekend :)

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Frozen peas! They form fit nicely. Get like 3 or 4 bags... always have some in reserve when the one you're using starts to thaw, and very important, do not let the peas fully thaw. When they re-freeze, they won't be lose and "cupping".
Magic bag?

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
I had mine done over 30 years ago...just take it easy for a couple of days. If you don't have one buy a jock strap so that when you walk nothing moves.

The day after I had mine done, I had to go on the road as an insurance adjuster to see farmer who had some cattle killed . After a bumpy ride on dirt roads, I came home and everything was covered in blood. So stay home relax, ice packs, pain killers and the jock strap will take you through it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts