The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriuosly thinking of building one of there kits as a project this winter. Wondering if any other forumites have built there 15 Watt Matchless clone, and what you think of it. I have a combo cabinet, an old marshall, that it will fit in nicely.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I absolutely love the 15. I am forever going back and forth from the 18 sIII to the 15. The only "issue" with the 15 I have is its a single channel amp and I have not yet founf the ideal OD pedal for it. I think I am going to pick up a tone bone hot brit or a plexi-tube and try it out.

The 15 has a great clean, and a great natural overdrive... but I need one more so I can set one up each way and AB them.. :)

ACtually, I think I saw on the Trinty forum that Stephen is prototyping a 15 dual channel amp.... ???

AJC

(ps I want to build another Trinity amp but I really cant justify one more at this time. But I will probably do another in the future.. some day)

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
I absolutely love the 15. I am forever going back and forth from the 18 sIII to the 15. The only "issue" with the 15 I have is its a single channel amp and I have not yet founf the ideal OD pedal for it. I think I am going to pick up a tone bone hot brit or a plexi-tube and try it out.

The 15 has a great clean, and a great natural overdrive... but I need one more so I can set one up each way and AB them.. :)

ACtually, I think I saw on the Trinty forum that Stephen is prototyping a 15 dual channel amp.... ???

AJC

(ps I want to build another Trinity amp but I really cant justify one more at this time. But I will probably do another in the future.. some day)
His two channel amp is similar to the 15, but it has an EF 86 channel, and they usually take pedals really well. Its a bit more complex build, though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The TC-15 amp with an EF86 channel is really nice. The Normal channel gives some very pristine clean sounds. It is a perfect for single coil guitars. The EF86 channel is capable of some bad ass distortion with a lot of mids.

I have the standard Trinity 15 with extra big trannies. There are a LOT of tones in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts