The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just assembled my first amp, an 18 watt plexi clone from Trinity. I had Stephen build me a combo cabinet, I just assemled the electronics. My reason for building the amp myself was purely for educational reasons.

Let me say that the amp is incredible. The quality of Trinity's parts and customer support cannot be matched. I knew / know nothing about electronics and could barely handle a soldering iron but Stephen helped me with EVERY stage of building this beast. It's the loudest 18 watt amp I've ever heard. The sound is rich, warm and "ballsy". If anybody is looking for a well made amp (Trinity will build one for you if you're not ready to DIY.) check out the their sound files on their site.

I don't own shares in the company, I'm simply a VERY happy customer.

Bogoboy

·
Registered
349 Posts
I hear ya, I built a High Octane, a Weber 6m45P plexi clone, and a delay pedal. Its fun and very addictive. Once you make your way around newb problems you catch on quick. Its an awesome experience.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Good to hear. That's my next purchase - if I stick to my plan. I am leaning towards the 18W with master volume. Of course I haven't ruled out the 15 of the Deluxe yet.

I figure it would be satisfying to play through an amp that you built yourself - with quality parts.

I

·
0 Posts
My winter project is going to be a Trinity amp build. For sure. You guys are just making me wish the snow would fly a little sooner around here!

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Good to hear. That's my next purchase - if I stick to my plan. I am leaning towards the 18W with master volume. Of course I haven't ruled out the 15 of the Deluxe yet.

I figure it would be satisfying to play through an amp that you built yourself - with quality parts.
Has the Deluxe kit been released? How much? That's the one I'm waiting for.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
No. I don't think it's been released yet. But it does say "coming soon". But since I just blew my wad (of cash) on a guitar, I figure the kit should be available once I have the cash again in my "under the radar" account - that's under my wife's radar, of course.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was at Bogoboy's place on thursday to check the amp out. This 18 watter was ripping it up, sick tone, anything fron SRV to Angus by changing the settings and using the boost. I had no choice but to wake up on friday and send Stephen $$ to build me one too. Now I'm counting the days! The craziest thing is that Stephen is customizing my amp with the following specs:

18 watt head
switchable solid state or tube rectifier
on-board clean boost
switchable channel jump
heybor trannies
Plexi coupling caps; plexi cathode bias for two channels running into the first tube (Bright / Normal)

The thing that struck me the most is how helpful Stephen is, he called me long distance from Toronto 3 times and we spent almost an hour on the phone each time going over different options. I first had to choose between a plexi/jtm45/18 watt/36 watt... after deciding on the 18 we customized every little detail, that's customer service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts