The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having loads of fun with these three 20W amps. Each of the two mini Friedman amps have a pair of cathode-biased EL84s, while my own build in the middle has a pair of fixed-biased 6V6s (currently JJ, but I will also try the EH 6V6GT). The Friedmans sound huge, and the Mini DS has massive low end. Very impressed!

https://i.imgur.com/DsXGUCd.jpg

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a full-width faceplate handy. Either I'll get one or I'll put the middle amp chassis in a different head shell. Grrrr.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice bunch, looks like fun.

What are you using for cabs/speakers?
I have a vertical Engl 212 Pro with Vintage 30s in it. Eventually I'll get a second cab with greenbacks or something...

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm a fan of 20-ish watt amps as well. My current collection:

- Trinity 5E3 head
- Vox Night Train
- Trinity TC15 Matchless clone
- Mesa TA15

The TA15 is the standout. Tons of tonal range, 2 footswitchable channels and stout enough to gig. I played an outdoor set on Saturday night with it.

The best news - with my Fryette PS, they can all be 50 watt amps, if I need the extra power.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good idea to use the Fryette PS as a re-amper. I've got a Suhr RL and a half-built power amp for re-amping. Will finish that project some day.... :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I probably won't have all these amps for very long, so if anyone in the Vancouver area wants to come try 'em out (for fun), shoot me a PM.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've decided to hold an "Amp Lotto" for the Vibe. I haven't worked out the details yet, but it'll probably be for the chassis valued at $1k. is it OK to post the details here or to provide a link to my website once I'm ready to hold the lotto?

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I've decided to hold an "Amp Lotto" for the Vibe. I haven't worked out the details yet, but it'll probably be for the chassis valued at $1k. is it OK to post the details here or to provide a link to my website once I'm ready to hold the lotto?
I think you should hold a 'first guy who shows up, gets it' type of contest. :D

Think of the money you'd save in shipping?

Seriously though, nice looking amp. I hope the lotto thing works out. If so, I'm in.

Reactions: jb welder

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The amp giveaway has been announced 'unofficially', with official announcement to follow in the first 1-3 days of January. Aiming to announce winner at end of January. I'll start a separate thread here (somewhere; maybe in classifieds).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts