·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Steves Music Downtown at lunch.

I tried a bunch of guitars.

Neezers
RG1570 Don't like it. I still hate that neck style. It isn't comfortable
2 separate Prestige models. Really nice, but not nice enough to beat a $1500 Strat. They were both that much. How is the resale compared to a Strat?

Fenders
MIJ 52 Tele with a Bigsby It was really nice. Way better than I thought it would be. As nice as any Tele from anywhere. Including vintage stuff.
MIM Strats at $500 Canadian were as nice as the USA ones almost.

Les Paul Standards I couldn't find a bad one in the store.

Les Paul Special DC with P90s sounded great felt like a cheap pos.

A black EC Martin 000whatever at $5600 It wasn't worth that much and I said so. The salesman agreed, but said "hey I'll sell it"

$900. Simon and Patrick acoustic that was really nice.
$1700 Garrison that was nice, but wasn't worth that much money.

·
Registered
283 Posts
many would disagree with your statement there of when you said MIM fenders were as nice as the american ones. i agree with what you said because i have a MIM tele and i seriously havnt played an american standard that feels as nice. i dont know what it is, but it is true.

i love steves in toronto. i usually end up going and looking at the orange amps and endless fenders

·
Registered
788 Posts
we need to go to Diplomate music sometime, they have the most fenders i've ever seen, almost all the sigs and some custom shop's :DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SCREEM said:
we need to go to Diplomate music sometime, they have the most fenders i've ever seen, almost all the sigs and some custom shop's :DevilGuitar:
When I have some money:smile:

Yeah I haven't been there in years. It would be fun to take a guitar trip there.

I like Steve's because I know Steve sorta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts