The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone refuse to give candy to certain individuals? Like teenagers that show up in a baseball cap (and you just know they're like 15 or something) and not wearing a costume, but just carrying a pillowcase or something?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Does anyone refuse to give candy to certain individuals? Like teenagers that show up in a baseball cap (and you just know they're like 15 or something) and not wearing a costume, but just carrying a pillowcase or something?
Well, nobody goes 'Trick or Treating' around these parts of the world, but when I was a kid my brother and I would watch out the window and tell my dad when it was teenagers with pillowcase and a paper bag over their heads ringing at the door. He'd put on his old hockey mask, swing the door open and chase them off the porch while screaming like a mad man. :smile:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Haven't seen Trick or Treater's in years. But I'd hand out candy to anyone and their cat until it was gone :smile:

C

·
0 Posts
"I'd hand out candy to anyone and their cat until it was gone"
Hear hear!

A couple of years ago (Before theatre... when we had TIME to prep for halloween) we would go all-out.... decorate the front yard.... Blare scary music and horror movie theme songs out the windows.... The best were the folks in the 'rest home' across the street, putting together what costume they could to 'sneak' over and get some candy... Just big kids! LOL

You'd have to be quite the tight-a$$ed twank to call Halloween "begging"

Next year, I hope our October play isn't anything I want to be involved in, so that I can get back to Halloweening!

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
When some idiot shows up with a t-shirt wrapped around his head I usually ask them how old they are and remind them that Halloween is reserved for little kids (kinda like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy). But if my kids are nearby I'll use the teenager as an example of what not to do when you are a teenager because it makes you look like a moron. I also point out what little effort they put into their costume and that perhaps they should get a job and buy candy like big people do...

However, if someone clearly put in a lot of effort into their costume I compliment them and tell them that I save the candy for the little kids.

:banana:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Since when? Who killed your inner child man?
There's nothing wrong with having an inner child. It's when you annoy other people with your inner child that it becomes a problem.

It's kinda like farting. A fart between friends can be kinda funny (I've had many a childish laugh). Try letting a ripper out in an elevator with strangers or when your in the waiting room at a doctors office and see how many people share the feelings of your inner child.

Harty har har

C

·
0 Posts
"Halloween is reserved for little kids"

What a load of bollocks!

I hope I never get so old that I even start to think that way

"By the end of day two, she's trick-or-treated out."
I can just imagine... having had my head in a thriller @ the theatre for the last 3 months, I'm feeling that way myself.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
"Halloween is reserved for little kids"

What a load of bollocks!

I hope I never get so old that I even start to think that way

"By the end of day two, she's trick-or-treated out."
I can just imagine... having had my head in a thriller @ the theatre for the last 3 months, I'm feeling that way myself.
Based on most of your postings and replies I would have thought that you were about 187 years old. lol!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nevermind the teenage kids... a few years back, these little kids showed up at my door with no costumes at all but with large bags. So I said something like "wow you guys haven't put much effort into your costumes huh?" They looked at me as if saying "shut up ol' man and put candies in these bags". So I did. And one of these little guys (about 6 or 7 years old) looked in the bag at what I had dropped in there and said "Waahh that f%^$&* crap!" :smile:

Little shit. Kids today. :smile:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Nevermind the teenage kids... a few years back, these little kids showed up at my door with no costumes at all but with large bags. So I said something like "wow you guys haven't put much effort into your costumes huh?" They looked at me as if saying "shut up ol' man and put candies in these bags". So I did. And one of these little guys (about 6 or 7 years old) looked in the bag at what I had dropped in there and said "Waahh that f%^$&* crap!" :smile:

Should have given a little shot of pepper spray. Just for fun.:banana:

·
Registered
324 Posts

Really? Wow... spoiled little brats? lol. I wish I could hand out candy... I live in an apartment building, so no handing out candy for me.

A bunch of people @ my university dressed up though... and these couple of guys were staging darth vader/obi won (sp?) fights at the beginning of classes. It was the cool the first time but it got kind of cheesy after. Still. And this guy was wearing a bunch of magnets and some chicks... chick magnet, see? I thought it was cool...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
When some idiot shows up with a t-shirt wrapped around his head I usually ask them how old they are and remind them that Halloween is reserved for little kids (kinda like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy). But if my kids are nearby I'll use the teenager as an example of what not to do when you are a teenager because it makes you look like a moron. I also point out what little effort they put into their costume and that perhaps they should get a job and buy candy like big people do...

However, if someone clearly put in a lot of effort into their costume I compliment them and tell them that I save the candy for the little kids.

:banana:
You know, some of those kids have eggs to throw at the houses and nails to scratch the cars of people.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

If that ever happens to me when I move to Canada, I'll ask the kid if he wants to trade with some other candy. Ever had some of that salty Chinese plum candy? It tastes really good until you hit the rock salt. :banana:

·
Registered
324 Posts
If that ever happens to me when I move to Canada, I'll ask the kid if he wants to trade with some other candy. Ever had some of that salty Chinese plum candy? It tastes really good until you hit the rock salt. :banana:
That stuff is the best! At least, I like it... maybe it's like durians... a completely acquired taste. Now I want some - are you volunteering to send me some? :D

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
We don't get that many, so if there is some overaged kid, it doesn't matter to me. I close up a 8:00 anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts