The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up an mint YCV40 for a very good price. I currently have the YGM3, which is just lovely; such a beautiful tone. I can still return the YGM so it would free up a fair amount of cash. The YCV is from a private seller so I would not be able to buy and try and return.

What are you thoughts on these two amps? How is the clean tone on the YCV? Is the overdrive channel decent?

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I would stick with The YGM3 personally.

I haven’t owned the 40 but have owned the YCV50 and currently own the YGM3. The 50 was great and I am sure the 40 is good too but the YGM just has something the YCV series doesn’t. Plus there is always a YCV on Kijiji for a great price.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I kind of came to the same conclusion after spending an hour this morning playing with that sweet tremelo. Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here's what I did from my experience.

I too had a similar situation, I bought a Fender Princeton amp from LM with a 30 day return policy, then found a Peavy Classic 20mh on kijjiji for a fraction the price but couldn't A/B them to decide which to keep unless I had both in my house.

So I bought the Peavy knowing that I should be able to sell it for what I paid if I decided to keep the Fender...

I decided to keep both. :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's what I did from my experience.

I too had a similar situation, I bought a Fender Princeton amp from LM with a 30 day return policy, then found a Peavy Classic 20mh on kijjiji for a fraction the price but couldn't A/B them to decide which to keep unless I had both in my house.

So I bought the Peavy knowing that I should be able to sell it for what I paid if I decided to keep the Fender...

I decided to keep both. :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
That's what I'm afraid of ;-) I definitely fall into the more amps vs more guitars camp. Loving the new to me Tele and Peavey USA strat I picked up in the last few weeks. Now looking to add a YGL1, a Peavey, and maybe a Fender Pro. It's a horrible and wonderful affliction.

·
Administrator
16,426 Posts
That's what I'm afraid of ;-) I definitely fall into the more amps vs more guitars camp. Loving the new to me Tele and Peavey USA strat I picked up in the last few weeks. Now looking to add a YGL1, a Peavey, and maybe a Fender Pro. It's a horrible and wonderful affliction.
If you need any help with restraint feel free to PM me.

(not)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts