The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi GC folks. I have a Traynor YCS50 that makes a weird noise that kinda sounds like water dripping in the basement. Maybe a reverb issue? It doesn't happen on start up, and it only happens once in a while. It almost sounds like when a string makes contact with a pickup. Has anyone experienced this drip noise?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Is the 'noise' volume dependent?
Reverb on or off?
Will it make noise with guitar cable unplugged...amp just idling?
Have you tried the bump test?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It's random, independent of volume, reverb on and off. I'll see if it does it with guitar unplugged and I don't know what the bump test is.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
i think he means taking a pencil and bumping each tube while the amp is on...if you hear a noise after tapping a tube...a bum tube...
i've got the Head...haven't had this issue

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
The bump test is balling up your fist and giving it a good thump. Or picking up an end a couple inches and dropping it.
If it makes the problem happen (or go away), it means there is a bad connection somewhere causing your problem.
Not sure if it's similar to your dripping sound, but I've occasionally had tubes that make a kind of "tinkling" sound intermittently.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, thanks for all the input, sorry I haven't replied in such a long time. Life happens! So just today I solved ( fingers crossed ) the dripping / clicking noise I have been experiencing. Turns out the source of the problem looks to be a loose input jack. I tightened up the nut and no more noise so far! Very happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts