The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I had one for a while. From what I recall, the 15w class A switch definitely worked on both channels, although you may not hear the difference between the the modes of operation unless you're playing fairly loud.
The clean channel on mine dirties up easier if I recall. Haven’t used it in 6months to a year. (I use my multi effect sims now)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have one as well. Very good amp. A little bulky for a 112. A little more difficult to dial in with all the buttons but just a little. Plenty loud.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one as well. Very good amp. A little bulky for a 112. A little more difficult to dial in with all the buttons but just a little. Plenty loud.
ya 55 pounds. Does your 15 /50 watt switch work on both channels ? Is the volume level noticeably different when you hit the switch on both channels.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
What are your gain, master and channel volumes at?

Do you have channel 1 boost on?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
have the head version
no difference in volume...that i really noticed...but the difference between 15 and 50 isn't significant
i too find it a little dark...but i do enjoy the clean channel

·
Registered
492 Posts
I tried the head version at a shared practice room on Monday. I didn't have to much time to dial in my sound, but what I got on the clean channel was awesome. I'm sure with more time and patience I could have even got it dialed in better. I think it must have been on the 15W setting on the back because I was already at 70-80% of the max volume on the master, playing at a crunchy level.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well both neighbors were out this afternoon so I got a chance to really crank it. Set things all at 9 and switched between channels. Also switching between 15 and 50 watt switch. It works fine at these volumes. The clean does not change a whole lot at those levels but the over drive tones are different. Bit of feed back on the drive channel though, tubes are probably original. China el 34 Ruby power tubes. Ow good thing I had some ear Plugs. Its a keeper

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still enjoying this amp . I don't understand why Traynor has discontinued this line. I know the trends have gone smaller . They are getting out of big power amps I guess

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sorry if any of the questions above were directed at me. I changed my settings a while back and haven’t managed to get it completely dialled in. I only use this when we jam.

Did just notice that my reverb isn’t working. Probably won’t pay to fix it but will investigate further.

Just played my YCV40 a bit today. Can’t go wrong with that amp either. Much easier to get your sound too.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Just played my YCV40 a bit today. Can’t go wrong with that amp either. Much easier to get your sound too.
That one's a favourite of mine. My first "real" amp was a YCV40 and if I were to go back to using amps, I'd pick up a used one without a second thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts