The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im putting this under guitars and amps because its a set.
Traynor YBA 1 Bass Master Amp-Derick Bell 1X12 Cab-Vintage Celestion Creamback-70's Ventura Strat
60's YBA-1 this could be the transitional period. The tube rectifier slot has a plate over it. Not sure if this was covered or stock.
Big transformers.
This one has been modded before me.
The channels are automatically ganged so only input 1 works and you blend the 2 volumes.
Front has been modified, no logo, no back.
Great sounding head.

Vintage Creamback Celestion Speaker.

Derrick Bell 1X12 Cab made is slightly deeper for more bottom
12X18X17
Excellent Cab

70's Venture Strat.
Seems to be original.
Pickups sound really good.

Selling as a set.

Full disclosure:
Traynor head light at the front is loose.
Possibly 1 scratchy pot
Creamback is old and beatup but works and sounds perfect
The Venture is an old guitar
lots of dings
has no bar and needs a setup

$1200 Local Sale

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Changed to FS/FT. Possible trades for Boss Waza Expander, Uad Ox Box, or Fryette PS-2.
Or try me for other stuff, you never know.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
This is an early mid 60s Bass Master! The tube chart indicates that it originally had a rectifier tube.

It would be cool to see a photo of the inside circuit. :cool:

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is an early mid 60s Bass Master! The tube chart indicates that it originally had a rectifier tube.

It would be cool to see a photo of the inside circuit. :cool:
Thanks Fern, not sure how I overlooked that. I think Im going to take this apart.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Fern, not sure how I overlooked that. I think Im going to take this apart.
Ok Fern here are some pics. I can see that a bias pot was added. Also the tube chart does say 5AR4.
Did someone cover this up and take the rectifier out?
Is it a transitional model? Did the lablels maybe stay the same...I doubt it.
If this is like my other script logos I'm taking it off the block and restoring it.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Lots of work was done on this amp !

Its now a single channel amp. All the orange drops are new. This would have been a 1965-66 model. The serial number might be stamped ontop of the power transformer. The can caps have date codes on them to help dating.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Ok Fern here are some pics. I can see that a bias pot was added. Also the tube chart does say 5AR4.
Did someone cover this up and take the rectifier out?
Is it a transitional model? Did the lablels maybe stay the same...I doubt it.
If this is like my other script logos I'm taking it off the block and restoring it.

pics

It has the heavier phenolic(?) tag board with turret posts so that makes it pretty early, probably script logo. And Traynor apparently replaced the 5ar4 with diodes when serviced back then. Accounts are these were often rentals and serviced frequently so not unusual to have had the 5ar4 replaced with diodes.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lots of work was done on this amp !

Its now a single channel amp. All the orange drops are new. This would have been a 1965-66 model. The serial number might be stamped ontop of the power transformer. The can caps have date codes on them to help dating.
Yes it works as a 1 channel amp. Ch 1 and Ch2 are automatically ganged. Would this be a script logo amp then and did it have the tube rectifier and it's been removed.
Here's what's on the Transformers:
BT-1
BGC-2
BT-2

On the caps

YS45-40
DEB5
85%C

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has the heavier phenolic(?) tag board with turret posts so that makes it pretty early, probably script logo. And Traynor apparently replaced the 5ar4 with diodes when serviced back then. Accounts are these were often rentals and serviced frequently so not unusual to have had the 5ar4 replaced with diodes.
Thanks Tomee

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Yes, this is an early script logo yba-1.

As others have said, its an early one with the tag board and Mallory caps.(like mine)

The pots will have date codes on them too. They'll be on the side of the pots.

Reactions: Dom Polito

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Pics of a similar amp..

As fernieite says above, the 4 stack of caps on the top is another clue about it being early.
I also notice these don't have the mustard caps, not sure if that's typical but so far the pictures I've seen they don't.
Keeping it now? :)

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pics of a similar amp..

As fernieite says above, the 4 stack of caps on the top is another clue about it being early.
I also notice these don't have the mustard caps, not sure if that's typical but so far the pictures I've seen they don't.
Yes :)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Did you see my NAD thread from a couple of weeks ago? There's some good information and photos to compare...

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

As others have said, its an early one with the tag board and Mallory caps.(like mine)

I have to take a better lookso far I can see 6512

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Pics of a similar amp..

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I have to thank you!!!!!
So was the rectifier circuit removed and how hard would it be to restore?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
That's all you need. The 12th week of 1965.
Same as mine. :)

Yes, yours had the tube rectifier and was upgraded. ( again, like mine) Not sure how hard it is to restore, or how much different the change would make.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts