The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headphone jack works fine on its own, but for whatever reason, the speaker stays on.
As far as I can tell, I am the first person to open the amp. All I can figure is to manually disconnect the speaker each time headphones are used. It is possible that I'm just an idiot who missed something obvious though.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
17,604 Posts
I am going to guess, as I'm only a hobbyist testing my limited knowledge and troubleshooting "skills", that the actual headphone jack might be the problem.
It might be switching jack that is not switching the internal speaker off.
I know that must seem like a Captain Obvious suggestion to you.

PLEASE WAIT until one of the forum members with knowledge and experience responds.

BE CAREFUL INSIDE THAT AMP! YOU CAN GET A NASTY (OR WORSE) SHOCK EVEN WITH THE AMP UNPLUGGED! ...Apologies if you know all the safety hazards of working on amps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to guess, as I'm only a hobbyist testing my limited knowledge and troubleshooting "skills", that the actual headphone jack might be the problem.
It might be switching jack that is not switching the internal speaker off.
I know that must seem like a Captain Obvious suggestion to you.

PLEASE WAIT until one of the forum members with knowledge and experience responds.

BE CAREFUL INSIDE THAT AMP! YOU CAN GET A NASTY (OR WORSE) SHOCK EVEN WITH THE AMP UNPLUGGED! ...Apologies if you know all the safety hazards of working on amps.
Thanks, I would not have considered a switching jack as the culprit.
Ten minutes ago I was unaware they existed.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Yes, Greco has the most likely suspect. Can you post a pic of the headphone jack & spkr jack that shows the wiring?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts