The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
I cut my teeth on Traynor gear. I used to have a Traynor Bassmaster head. Guitar players liked them better than bass players. I also had a 4-12 cab which was the same size as the "Big B" (8-10's). The "Custom Special" was a 100 watt head that the bass players preferred but guitar players used them as well. You had to have freinds to be a guitar player back then. We also had Traynor columns (4-12's) for P.A. powered by one of those things you've got pictured above. (well, similar) I don't miss any of that gear a bit, but it's fun to look at. Thanks for the flashback!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think Traynor and Yorkville Sound have always been synonymous. It was sometime in the 80's they started producing gear under another name (which escapes me at the moment). Those two pics you have posted look like solid state amps.(Pinto, if your looking for an old Traynor forget the solid state amps and look for a Custom Special).
The old Traynors were cheap, tough, reliable and loud but still not as good as a Fender amp of the day. Choices were simple back then, Gibson or Fender, or Traynor or Fender. If I was a bass player I'd have a Musicman Stingray, Ampeg SVT(9-10) and two roadies!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.