The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the output of this amp. Any suggestions for cabinet & speaker(s?) when used as a guitar amp.:rockon:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think it's about 15 watts. I used to use them a lot for guitar way back when. Nice sound, but a little under powered to hang with a drummer. A lot of folks upgrade the stock speaker and take the back off.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'm using a cabinet and speaker of questionable origin. The speaker is a cheapie Radio Shack replacement. I'd like to replace it with a Greenback if
that's a suitable match.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it's a fifteen inch RS. That said it pretty much makes the cabinet useless for a 12 inch classic sounding speaker, you know something that will release the warm tones I know that are in this amp. 15-22 watts, a 30 watt speaker should do the trick. Remember this is basically for my living room.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
MaxWedge said:
Yes it's a fifteen inch RS. That said it pretty much makes the cabinet useless for a 12 inch classic sounding speaker, you know something that will release the warm tones I know that are in this amp. 15-22 watts, a 30 watt speaker should do the trick. Remember this is basically for my living room.
I'd recommend a Weber 15F150 or 15A150 or some variation there of.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the Weber page and listen to the clips available there. The 12 inch ceramic Blue Dog is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the tip.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts