The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all,

The band is going to be traveling to Europe in August for a full month of touring around. We'll be traveling by train mostly and space and weight will be key.

I'm probably not going to be taking a guitar amp, just a guitar and a pedal board. I"m considering a POD XT Live because i've heard they sound decent plugged into a PA system, and they work well plugged into an amp as well.

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone could spare some advice for a first time traveling musician who has never been to europe.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
you lucky son of a bitch:mad:
have fun man.:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Europe has a different electrical system than we do, so you will need to by a converter to plug in your stuff. For amps and equipment, alot of places there rent out amps and stuff, so its not really an issue as long as you can book what you want for when you want it.............

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm considering getting an all in one floor unit like the Line6 XT Live or the VOX Tonelab, or maybe a Boss GT-6 or GT-8..... Im prepared to have to get converters for the power etc.. so thats not a problem...

I've been reading that all these floor processing units are capable of producing respectable sounds out of a PA System.

·
Registered
526 Posts
if it were me I'd rent everything I had to plug into the wall. I don't trust convertors or club wiring enough.

·
Registered
788 Posts
get a Zoom G2, it's cheap and sounds good in a PA, good classick rock tones with some tweeking and great cleans. Also good for the pc to practice on...$140

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I've been happy with my POD XT Live - had it for a little over a year now. Have it running through a couple little M-Audio speakers for the most part. You probably won't find any usable patches right out of the box but some are decent and with a little tweaking you'll probably do alright. Messing around with the patches on the actual unit takes a little getting use to. I find it much easier to use the software and do everything on my computer. There's always the Line6 custom tone website where people share their patches (from my experience, most of them are pretty lame).

Good luck on the tour!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so i've had a chance to rent both the POD XT Live, as well as the BOSS GT-8 (which I was hopeful for)....

Overall, i prefer the POD XTL.

I've actually got the Boss sitting here next to me.. and i've gotta say that I'm very disappointed. The amp models are quite shitty, and i'm finding a major lack of warmth to the sound. It just reaffirms the fact why I havent bought a boss pedal in many years... They just SOUND LIKE SHIT!

The POD XTL (Which I had last week) was much nicer with its sounds. I was able to actually get the sounds that the amps produce.. For example, i'm in love with my VOX AC30CC1 amp, and I was able to dial up pretty much an identical sound to it within a few minutes using the software that comes with it to interface with a PC (its possible to do it using the buttons and knobs on the board, but its just much easier with the software).

Anyway, i'm listing a wanted ad in a few places for a POD XT Live. If you got one, please contact me.

THANKS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts