The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy’s ,......my tech is building me a JTM45 and he took the transformers from a place in Ontario called Dynamic Headroom ,
apparently , the man winding trannys overthere is old and very experienced..

Anyone knows something about this place or the man himself ??

Thank’s!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Is this a question or a clever ad?

Either way I'm interested.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it’s a real question !!

At first my tech ordered Heyboer trannys but it took forever and he got no replies from them after he sent the money . Then after two months waiting , he was a little shy cause I gave $1000 deposit down and no trannys so he told me about this man in Ontario that has been winding transformers forever and it would take a week to get them so now they’re allready shipped and my tech was cool enough to offer me to order some Marstran’s if I’m not comfortable with this but on the other side , they could be the Holy Shitsabootsky !! :D

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just order a hammond via next gen?
Because I think Output transformers have Mojo !!.....and from my experience ,.....when I had a 1987x Marshall reissue and swapped the output for a Marstran ,.....the amp became organic just like the 1969 I had ,...so now I’m a believer of good Iron !!

And also I don’t know enough about Hammond!

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Because I think Output transformers have Mojo !!.....and from my experience ,.....when I had a 1987x Marshall reissue and swapped the output for a Marstran ,.....the amp became organic just like the 1969 I had ,...so now I’m a believer of good Iron !!

I agree. I know amp builders who work around the values of their custom transformers and say that's where a lot of the magic is.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts

Hammond has always been known for good iron.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,818 Posts
Is Hammond still the same or are they a China importer now?
Transformers are made in Canada. Enclosures are made in Taiwan.

Reactions: Budda

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Important to note that Fender, Marshall et al used whatever was available at the time.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Important to note that Fender, Marshall et al used whatever was available at the time.

Yup !!.......you’re right !!!......they did the same with tubes !........but they don’t make them like they used to !!.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts