The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reported on the news tonight. Major double decker bus accident has claimed at least 3 lives and countless more in hospital with various injuries. Always sad to hear news like this.

·
Registered
24,372 Posts
Apparently the bus slid, because of ice, and the overhang of the shelter/station caught the upper level of the bus. The upper-deck front rows of the double-deckers are always in demand, and full up, because they provide such a nice view. And once the bus leaves the Transitway and enters the Parkway along the river, it is a lovely view and a great way to decompress on the way home from work, especially after waiting in bitter cold, like today. Helluva price to pay for a nice view.

The station where the collision happened isn't as crowded as some others, but given that it was the start of rush hour, I can't imagine it was that empty either. Apparently one of those killed was on the platform. The driver would have been largely unhurt because the collision was on the upper level. I suppose the "good" news is that she'll be in a position to describe/explain what happened, so that these tragedies can be hopefully avoided. The news is reporting that the bus driver was arrested and brought in for questioning. That does not mean she will be charged with anything. Only that she's the principal source of key information.

They're saying that 14 people have "critical" injuries, and another 11 have "serious" injuries. As a rush hour bus it would have been packed to the gills. Capacity is 90, though some of them can get as packed as a Philipino ferry at times.

P

·
0 Posts
I saw one on TV the other day and I thought to myself I would not ride on the top, it doesn't look safe...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts