The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
You could likely get your local SAQ to order one for you. You are also not that far from the Ontario border.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
LOL!!

I thought the show was funny. have only seen a few episodes though. Alex Lifeson

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Trailer Park boys have a big following! I have watched some episodes. It's okay! I would rather watch Schitt's Creek. It's a lot funnier than TPB.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Trailer Park boys have a big following! I have watched some episodes. It's okay! I would rather watch Schitt's Creek. It's a lot funnier than TPB.
Both brutally bad, IMO. TPB was funny for the first season but then just became the same ol' same ol'. I couldn't get through the 4th episode of SC, I found it so predictable (although I really liked Chris Elliot). I've seen the first episode of Letterkenny and I thought it was genuinely funny and different. I'll watch more of it when it is on a service I get - or comes to a library near me (that's how I got SC).

·
Premium Member
25,135 Posts
It's kid of like the grown-up version of getting Hello Kitty or Mighty Morphin Power Rangers running shoes and backpacks, innit?

"I want booze with a TPB picture on it!"

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
Both brutally bad, IMO. TPB was funny for the first season but then just became the same ol' same ol'. I couldn't get through the 4th episode of SC, I found it so predictable (although I really liked Chris Elliot). I've seen the first episode of Letterkenny and I thought it was genuinely funny and different. I'll watch more of it when it is on a service I get - or comes to a library near me (that's how I got SC).

TPB was funny for a few seasons then they started trying to have an actual plot which fucked up the show. SC is decent enough - not great but not bad either. LK is just terrible. I watched one episode and refuse to watch another.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
If it's anything like the show, it isn't even worth the cost of the paper that the label is made of.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Letterkenny is great. I've watched both seasons (first was best). Trying to figure out how to watch the St. PATS special for free.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Letterkenny is great. I've watched both seasons (first was best). Trying to figure out how to watch the St. PATS special for free.
How'd you see them if you aren't on that paid monthly service they are on? I'm half tempted to take my free month's membership and watch it all, but the weather is finally turning. Maybe something for next winter - which will come far too quickly.

·
Premium Member
25,135 Posts
How'd you see them if you aren't on that paid monthly service they are on? I'm half tempted to take my free month's membership and watch it all, but the weather is finally turning. Maybe something for next winter - which will come far too quickly.
I seem to recall the first season being shown on the Comedy Network around Christmas or New Years; presumably as a "loss leader" of some sort. Funny show. Dry. Bone dry. But funny. I like the fact that so much of it takes place at a roadside produce stand. You gotta wonder what passes through the minds of folks who sit there for 8 hours in the summer heat.

One of these, I suppose, someone will develop a series (most likely web-series) about the college students who sit with clickers in lawn chairs at busy intersections during the summer months, counting how many vehicles go this way or that.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I seem to recall the first season being shown on the Comedy Network around Christmas or New Years; presumably as a "loss leader" of some sort. Funny show. Dry. Bone dry. But funny. I like the fact that so much of it takes place at a roadside produce stand. You gotta wonder what passes through the minds of folks who sit there for 8 hours in the summer heat.

One of these, I suppose, someone will develop a series (most likely web-series) about the college students who sit with clickers in lawn chairs at busy intersections during the summer months, counting how many vehicles go this way or that.
Damn, now you tell me! But kinda like Archer, now that I've found it, I will pursue it.

As you say, Dry, bone dry, but funny.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yup, PVR'd the whole first season off Comedy a while ago, then did a free month of Crave in January and binged it. Worked great. Just remember to cancel your subscription. I would have subscribed longer if they had anything else but the lineup at the time was pretty dismal. Not sure if anyone besides Canadians would get the humour. Maybe the US Midwest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts