The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think I'd ever let my McInturff Royal go but I couldn't pass up this trade. It's a Larrivee 12 string. I've been able to date it to 1980 or 1981 made in Victoria. Not sure what the model is. I believe it may be an L10 Deluxe. They didn't put the model number on the label back then. It has a spruce top and I think rosewood back and sides. It is spectacular. the tone is wide open and loud. The action is unbelievably low for a 12 string this old. I'm a very happy camper.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Not usually a fan of inlays, but I really like the way this one is done up. Lavish but not over-the-top. Would love to hear it. Congratulations, its a keeper!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
It looks like a beauty and a spruce top with Rosewood back and sides................what else would you want?

Reactions: Kerry Brown

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that a sound hole pickup in it?
Yes, it’s a Fishman. No idea when it was added or what model. It is passive. It sounds very good through the pickup. I was surprised how good. I like the tone better than my other guitars with under the saddle pickups.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Not sure if you can beat a 12 string acoustic with a Dragon inlay made by that company. That's fucking epic! Who doesn't like Dragons and guitars?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sweet! Congrat's!

They'll tell you more about your guitar here.

And they just got their new T-shirts in. Expect great customer service. Imo it's always a first-class experience.

The $45 us strap is nice, and back in stock too.

Dedicated Larrivee forum is worthwhile too. Jean, and Jr. (et. al.) are frequent posters.

Enjoy!

EDIT (Agree; it looks like an L10 -- if there's abalone around heal, and back, it's likely a Presentation. Might be old enough it's very possible it's Brazillian. Either way -- SCORE! I seem to remember reading something about the Dragon inlay in particular -- CS will have the accurate info. They're going to enjoy hearing from you. They enjoy pic's too.)

Reactions: Kerry Brown

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet! Congrat's!

They'll tell you more about your guitar here.

And they just got their new T-shirts in. Expect great customer service. Imo it's always a first-class experience.

The $45 us strap is nice, and back in stock too.

Dedicated Larrivee forum is worthwhile too. Jean, and Jr. (et. al.) are frequent posters.

Enjoy!

EDIT (Agree; it looks like an L10 -- if there's abalone around heal, and back, it's likely a Presentation. Might be old enough it's very possible it's Brazillian. Either way -- SCORE! I seem to remember reading something about the Dragon inlay in particular -- CS will have the accurate info. They're going to enjoy hearing from you. They enjoy pic's too.)
Thanks. I have sent off some pictures to them.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found this fascinating CBC documentary from 1983. It’s almost like watching them build my guitar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts