The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 13-56 D'Addario Nickel Bronze strings on the A&L Ami, tune to D standard. Had a bit of a brash/full sound that I liked with piano/bell-ringing like overtones. Then I figured, If was to ever give this to my grand daughter in a few years, the strings would definitely have to change. So I bought a set of 11-47 D'Addario Silk and Steel. Totally different sound, of course, that I also like. This guitar is a enjoyable strummer and flat picker. (My finger picking is still at a very primary level) I like the feel of the strings, especially wound lower four. The tone is light, warm and bright all at the same time, pleasing to the ear.

The silk and steel are more like an weekday sound. The Nickel Bronze are more of a long weekend sound. I prefer the feel of the lighter gauged silk & steel. That will keep me playing a bit longer. But, like I said, like 'em both for different reasons.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
No, he just needs another set of strings for the holiday's sound. He's got the weekdays and weekends covered already.:)

·
Premium Member
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barre chords are definitely easier to do and feel better too. I have a S&P Woodland Pro with the exact same neck specs with 11-52 Martin SP 80/20 Bronze and it takes a wee bit more effort and is a little more buzz prone. The action is actually a bit lower on the S&P too. Nut is 1.72", 16" radius and 24.84" scale on both. (Godin standardization)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts