The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd be travelling from Ottawa so I don't want to waste my time. What do you guys/gals think?

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I would say no, unless you make time to visit a couple of shops like Capsule, 12th Fret, or Shyboy & Tex. Even then, you better do Friday & Saturday. Getting around Toronto quickly just doesn't happen. Did you go to the one in Ottawa? Some of the same vendors will be there.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say no, unless you make time to visit a couple of shops like Capsule, 12th Fret, or Shyboy & Tex. Even then, you better do Friday & Saturday. Getting around Toronto quickly just doesn't happen. Did you go to the one in Ottawa? Some of the same vendors will be there.
Yeah I did, was fun.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
When I was living in Toronto, I went, once. I bought a glass slide. And I lived only a 15 walk from the Legion hall it was usually held at (5 min. by bus). Some nice stuff to look at, but I wasn't motivated to go again. I like the one in Edmonton better.

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a hoot and the usual gang of idiots shows up to trade junk and socialize. I always attend - sometimes I get a booth (cheap at $50). I think it's worth spending the time if you are in the Toronto area. I've picked up some cool gear, sold a few things, traded a few things, met some really nice people.
Have a good time!

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
It's a hoot and the usual gang of idiots shows up to trade junk and socialize. I always attend - sometimes I get a booth (cheap at $50). I think it's worth spending the time if you are in the Toronto area. I've picked up some cool gear, sold a few things, traded a few things, met some really nice people.
Thinking about going and bringing some trade bait, is anyone else from GC going? Hammertone, do you have a table for this one?

P

·
0 Posts
When I was living in Toronto, I went, once. I bought a glass slide. And I lived only a 15 walk from the Legion hall it was usually held at (5 min. by bus). Some nice stuff to look at, but I wasn't motivated to go again. I like the one in Edmonton better.
Ottawa to Edmonton for a glass slide.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Ottawa to Edmonton for a glass slide.
To be more direct and less obtuse in my response, it is not really worth traveling from Ottawa to attend the Toronto show.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
After the show, come up to Riff Wrath's with your new toys for some show n' tell.:rolleyes:
Thank you and I wish I could, but the reason I have time to go to the show is that later that afternoon I have to be at Pine Hills in Scarboro anyway for my father in law's memorial service.

I'm going to drop by the show anyhow and I'll post here if anything good happens, perhaps I'll also post if Tundra has any forum fodder, like a $7200 Tele...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts