The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm thinking about downsizing my vintage pedal collection in order to buy a vintage guitar. Normally, I would sell these on my own, either through the forums or eBay or Reverb, but I broke my left arm 2 weeks ago and don't want to go thought the hassle of packing them up and mailing them out with only one hand. :(

Have you guys had any experience selling or consigning gear at any of the shops in Toronto? I'd like to drop off all 12 of these vintage pedals as a lot to sell in one place. If you've had any bad experiences, a PM is always welcome.

Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Hi all,

I'm thinking about downsizing my vintage pedal collection in order to buy a vintage guitar. Normally, I would sell these on my own, either through the forums or eBay or Reverb, but I broke my left arm 2 weeks ago and don't want to go thought the hassle of packing them up and mailing them out with only one hand. :(

Have you guys had any experience selling or consigning gear at any of the shops in Toronto? I'd like to drop off all 12 of these vintage pedals as a lot to sell in one place. If you've had any bad experiences, a PM is always welcome.

Thanks!
Why not sell them here and on Kijiji but specify local pickup only.

What pedals do you have for sale?

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Why not have a forumite here help you with packaging and shipping, and get a better value for your stuff? I'm sure between the GTA members it'd get done.

Failing that, I would recommend The Guitar Shop in Port Credit/Mississauga as they are a high end shop, as well as 12th fret on Danforth, Capsule music, Cask music and Paul's Boutique.

If you consider driving to Hamilton, you may be able to consign with Scott and axe and you shall receive - he deals in a *lot* of pedals.

·
Premium Member
25,111 Posts
Justin/Budda has some good suggestions. I will also note that selling locally chops the cost of shipping off the top of your selling price, as well as the fee normally charged for consignment. On the other hand, whatever shipping or consignment costs might run you, I can't speak to how much nuisance it saves you, dealing with the kijiji inquiries and potential buyers that don't show up as promised, and what that's worth to you. If you were living in Brandon, or Fredericton, or Sydney, I wouldn't suggest it. But it's hard to think of a larger market of buyers who might seek and pay top dollar for vintage stuff than the GTA.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. There's also the taking pictures problem at the moment. :( That's another reason to drop them off at one place...

I don't know if it's breaking the rules or not; please delete if it is - but someone asked above what pedals I'm talking about...

1970s Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer
1970's (Shin-Ei) Companion FY-2 fuzz pedal
1970's Boss OD-1 silver screw (14 pin chip) overdrive
1970s Boss DS-1 silver screw distortion
1970s Roland Bee Baa fuzz and treble booster
1968 Fender Blender fuzz pedal
1970s Ross Flanger (improved mxr) ac powered
1970s Mu-tron (Musitronics) Phaser II. ac powered (basically, a half a Bi-phase)
1970s EH Bad Stone phaser (version 1 mummy's head )
1970s EH Small Clone chorus pedal
Early 80's Boss CE-2 chorus pedal
Early 80's Boss DD-2 delay

They're all in excellent+ condition!

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Thanks guys. There's also the taking pictures problem at the moment. :( That's another reason to drop them off at one place...

I don't know if it's breaking the rules or not; please delete if it is - but someone asked above what pedals I'm talking about...

1970s Mu-tron (Musitronics) Phaser II. ac powered (basically, a half a Bi-phase)

You could always wait a few weeks till the arm heals, not like you'll be playing that new axe anyways. ;)

·
Premium Member
25,111 Posts

That's a nice set of pedals. I have an FY-2 and a few clones thereof, and made myself a clone of the 14-pin (quad op-amp) OD-1, which I like very much.
Given how many pics there are on-line of those very pedals, you can simply link to them. No real need to take pics, unless your pedals are cosmetically distinct from the pictures you find.
Best of luck getting a good price for them.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How did you break your arm?
I was at my mom's cleaning her outside windows and the ladder slipped out from under me. I fell 2 stories and landed on her driveway!

Update: I've emailed all of the shops mentioned and will wait and see. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You could always wait a few weeks till the arm heals, not like you'll be playing that new axe anyways. ;)
That's a good suggestion. Maybe I can put a deposit down on the guitar and perhaps he'll be kind enough to wait a bit...

I've added two more to the list: (14 total)

1970s EH version 1 small stone phaser
1970s The king of all flangers - ADA flanger, ac powered

1 - 13 of 13 Posts