1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,395 Posts
Saving this to check out later...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm a fan. If TC is good enough for Steve Morse, it's certainly good enough for me! Thought I'd post it before I even watch it! Which starts.........NOW!!

Initially, I didn't think this episode would interest me, however, after I started watching I must admit I quite enjoyed this episode,
I particularly liked the TC Electronic PipeLine + Delay+D&M Drive....

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
I remember, in the 80's, when TC Electronics was one of the first boutique pedal companies. They seem to have lost some of their rep, what with recent acquisitions and whatnot, but I still like the TC stuff I have, from the 80's to a few months ago.

Maybe not the most pristine sounding pedals, but when your standing beside a drummer and a bass player and have vocal monitors at your knees, it's certainly good enough and gets the job done.

Reactions: sulphur
P

·
0 Posts
TC has a reliability problem and no repairs are done on most of their pedals. If it breaks, they offer to sell you a new one at retail.

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Ya, they had switch issues a few years ago, supposedly cleared that up.
I think that they're proprietary switches.

I have the v1 Polytune and it's held up well, not to the rigors of a touring band, but used each time I play at home.
I also have a Nova delay, pretty cool unit.

The "mash" feature sure looks cool, now I'm interested in both the HoF and the FB.
Good vid, entertaining along with some info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not really a fan of their drive pedals but their reverb, delay & chorus pedals are top notch. I have a Hall Of Fame and a Flashback Triple Delay and have zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
I'm not really a fan of their drive pedals but their reverb, delay & chorus pedals are top notch. I have a Hall Of Fame and a Flashback Triple Delay and have zero complaints.
Same here. Not crazy about their drives but love their mod pedals. As @Alex mentioned, their SCF is a standard-bearer for 80's chorus sounds. I bought a Mojo-mojo (for less than $30, I had to try it). It is kinda dark, but it is unique enough to get used every now and then. I am very curious about their Nova compressor - if I found one of those for the right price, I'd try it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts