I guess mine would be...
Led Zeppelin
ZZ Top
AC/DC

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...hmmm...interesting exercise...who would i actually pay to see:

1. the sadies - this is a curiousity thing. they get rave reviews, especially the new double live cd. i've never met them or seen them, but i have met the good brothers a few times. i just have a feeling they would be a complete musical experience.

2. the shadows - having rediscovered hank marvin's guitar virtuosity and tone through their incredible live performance dvd, i wouldn't hesitate to go see them perform, not that that is lilely to happen anytime soon.

3. the rolling stones - some forty-plus years on, this band fascinates me more rather than less.

okay, i've answered an entirely different question than the one asked. i guess i just don't have a favourite band, much less three.

favourite artists? i have a ton of those...

-dh

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
1. Rush
2. Dream Theater
3. ???

Oddly enough, I don't have a third choice. I like plenty of other bands (anything from UZEB to Strapping Young Lad) but Rush and DT are pretty much mainstays in my listening rotation.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Just kidding on Abba, though they are a weird guilty pleasure.

Dream Theater
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
uh huh.... trying to fit in eh?

I'm gonna have to go with Supertramp, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pink Floyd. But I don't really have 3 favourite bands, I listen to different music depending on what mood im in. If I was pissed off right now I'd probably say Mindless Self Indulgance, System of a Down and Korn.

·
Registered
698 Posts
1) Black Sabbath
2) Led Zeppelin
3) Well..........

First two are easy and will always remain the same. Number three depends on the day. It's been Testament the last few days. Might be Maiden tomorrow...or Kyuss, or Priest, or SRV, or Queenstyche, etc, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ac/dc
Bruce Hornsby and the Range
Shocore
As for artists,I would have to go with,Townes Van Zandt,Steve Earl,and Muddy waters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I need to go with:
1. Cradle of Filth
2. Cruxshadows
3. Either MSI or Sirenia depending if I'm in the mood for MSI or symphonic metal.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Only 3?

1. Mahogany Rush

2. Moxy

3. Fairport Convention

·
Registered
183 Posts
1. Blue Rodeo ( keep it Canadian)
2. Fabulous Thunderbirds