The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... a relic'd jazz bass. I thought it was a good idea at the time, but now this morning I'm not so sure. :confused-smiley-010

I was going to post this in the Vintage forum, but thought I may get crucified.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rumble_b said:
pics?!?!?!
not yet. I'm not sure if I'm finished or not. I'll take it out of the case tonight with a clear head and determine for sure.

A guy on another forum did a really nice job to his SX P bass - I'll look at his photos again closer.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
...this sounds like a horror story. Hope it turned out okay.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dwagar said:
...this sounds like a horror story. Hope it turned out okay.
Well I didn't go stupid on it. Just a little fake mojo. I'll see if anything else needs to be added to make it look "real".

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
haha be sure to post pics.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
69 Posts
james on bass said:
put it this way - if you did half of what I did to one of your basses, I'd come up there and kick you in the nuts!
I hear you, bro. I'm still kicking myself for sanding the finish off my '62 Pbass, and that was forty years ago.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oddio said:
I hear you, bro. I'm still kicking myself for sanding the finish off my '62 Pbass, and that was forty years ago.

ouch!

My bass does look kinda cool relic'd, though I think I shoulda left it alone. Oh well, it will never be worth anything to anyone other than myself.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
better to screw up a cheap bass than an expensive one.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Xanadu said:
better to screw up a cheap bass than an expensive one.
Oh yeah. I've never done mod work to any bass in the past. I owned a bunch of higher end product and treated everything with kid gloves. I would do very minor adjustments at the most - too afraid to screw something up. It's kinf of nice to not give a shit.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
And who's to say it's screwed up. One man's stone is another man's jewel. Relic'd guitars seem to be pretty popular these days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts