The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,281 Posts
Well, it’s not a huge problem for me but it would be nice to not have to sift through already sold items when looking for something.

If it’s sold, delete the thread. Telling me it’s sold doesn’t really help.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
i haven't listed anything yet, but it could happen. I brought up one of my other threads, but I did not find a "delete" option.

Where do I find "delete thread" please? Thanks.

Sorry, I checked forum rules, but musta missed it there too. I am a dope...

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I've mentioned a few times to posters to delete the thread after marking it sold. I could care less if it is marked sold. The site is slow enough as it is

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
i haven't listed anything yet, but it could happen. I brought up one of my other threads, but I did not find a "delete" option.

Where do I find "delete thread" please? Thanks.

Sorry, I checked forum rules, but musta missed it there too. I am a dope...
Banned?

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Is is that hard to delete your sold items in the for sale section? Or are people finding it a bit too difficult to manage? DELETE YOUR THREADS IF ITEMS ARE SOLD
Maybe this was on another forum but I thought threads in those sections were deleted automatically after 30 days? Could we implement something like that? Maybe 60 days?

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
I have only two options in my Thread Tools: Edit Title and Add Poll.

I don't think I have ever seen Delete Thread. On my iPad.

Gonna check the PC in the studio...

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Delete thread only works in for sale section. You won't find it anywhere else. I'd post a pic but I can't

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
I feel like this thread is going to go in the direction of, “that time I tried to phone my grandkids on a calculator”

In which case, it should probably be moved to the retirees and seniors thread

·
Super Moderator
15,750 Posts
Isn't that why @davetcan was brought aboard as a mod?
If "it's sold" is posted in the body of the thread then I'm not going to catch it. If you think I read every for sale thread daily you're sorely mistaken :) If it's posted in the title of the thread I'll usually delete it. Having said that, if people would just delete their own thread it would be a big help. It's listed under "thread tools" at the top of the first post in the thread.

I still have to take time to "permanently delete" everything anyway. That can take up to 1/2 hour per day to stay on top of it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts