The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Yesterday on Facebook my uncle had posted a RIP and video but didn’t check it out. I’m sorry I never heard this guy. I have only listened to the first clip but am impressed with everything about it. His voice is as cool as the other side of your pillow. Was the Rev. Billy G. Inspired by this guy? Good guitar tone and a great recording.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
I had never heard of him. Last night I saw a random video on Facebook of the Foo Fighters playing with him. I opened it in youtube and was watching the video, but I didn't think much of it, mostly because I don't care for the Foo Fighters and the guy they were playing with (Tony Joe White was very frail and past his prime). However, I didn't realize that youtube was on auto play, and while I was doing other things, Tony's songs kept playing one after one. An hour later I was still listening to his stuff and really enjoying it.

I regret not knowing about this guy sooner.

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
My December issue of Vintage Guitar magazine arrived yesterday, and in the album reviews was a review of White's latest release. It is all blues, with covers of tunes by John Lee Hooker, Jimmy Reed, and Lightnin' Hopkins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.