The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Confused by the title? Don't be. It's simply a question of which would be better to walk away with in a trade scenario if resale was the only consideration. "More" then refers to both resale value and the likelihood of finding a potential buyer...

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
885 Posts
I would think that the LP would appeal to a broader market myself. Value wise it's hard to say, they sound comparable in that regard.

W.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
Confused by the title? Don't be. It's simply a question of which would be better to walk away with in a trade scenario if resale was the only consideration. "More" then refers to both resale value and the likelihood of finding a potential buyer...
If the Anderson has a maple neck it opens you up to selling in the US market.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My "gut feeling" is that the Classic would definitely be easier to move. Not sure about sell prices on a TA but the last plaintop I had went for $1800 US and my Classic Plus went for $2300 US...

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
My "gut feeling" is that the Classic would definitely be easier to move. Not sure about sell prices on a TA but the last plaintop I had went for $1800 US and my Classic Plus went for $2300 US...
How do you live in Canada and ship guitars from NY..or maybe you live in NY, I thought you were in Gan.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
How do you live in Canada and ship guitars from NY..or maybe you live in NY, I thought you were in Gan.
It's no mystery :) Gan is across the St Larry river from NY, with a bridge crossing just 10 mins away. Plenty of places to ship from there...

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
10,016 Posts
ppl that know Anderson, know its a quality instrument. so in that sense, it does have brand awareness...just not the overall awareness of an LP.
But the LP would have a ton of competition in most markets with other LP's. you may have to price it like a commodity to move it ie..unless it has something exceptional about it, the lowest priced ones sell first.
id have no trouble buying an Anderson...same as a Suhr, etc. My question would be, are Teles (style) as in demand as Lp's and sell as frequently?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm not going to weigh in on which might be easier to sell for more, but as an aside, if you're trading long distance, I would purchase an Anderson Classic T without playing it first, but I would never buy a Gibson without playing first...

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It's no mystery :) Gan is across the St Larry river from NY, with a bridge crossing just 10 mins away. Plenty of places to ship from there...
Only a Mystery to people that buy from you on Ebay, with your user name and location, they think they are buying a guitar from a US Citizen living in the USA.

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Only a Mystery to people that buy from you on Ebay, with your user name and location, they think they are buying a guitar from a US Citizen living in the USA.
That was the only way (US Account) to have a US shipping address for ebay/paypal way back when. It serves US and Canadian buyers equally though as they get the same protections and return priveleges. If you're hoping to call me out on something, that's fine. I'm not clear on what your concern is though, or how it relates to this thread...

Reactions: Diablo
1 - 15 of 15 Posts