The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anybody tryed these? I've heard good things about Tokai in general and these are $250 at JSD. Im considering getting one.:rockon:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well if my opinion means anything..... they are a well built guitar, nice fit and finish and they play well. The unfinished maple neck is nice and smooth to play. Its a good value for the price range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Xanadu said:
So has anybody tryed these? I've heard good things about Tokai in general and these are $250 at JSD. Im considering getting one.:rockon:
There's fellow from Calgary who frequents the Fender forum (www.fenderforum.com) who uses one; his name on that forum is 'QLR'. I'm not sure if he's joined this one, yet.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
manager of a local shop told me there are 3 factories producing FJs now.
I got an `84 Tokai strat a few years ago on the web over here for $200.oo because it was dinged up...those days are gone though. Real nive guitar and has the U stamped p`ups.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Back in the mid 80s I used to jam with a keyboard friend. His brother, a guitarist, left his cream Tokai Strat at his bro's place for whenever they jammed. Consequently I got to play that Strat a lot. Really nice action and tone... and very good fit and finish. As the legend goes, at the time Tokai was really showing Fender up at their own game. It was also a superbly balanced guitar... sat in your hands rather nicely whether you were sitting or standing.

I haven't a clue where Tokai's quality level is at these days. I wish I had bought that Strat off of my friend's brother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts