The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....
I was out today visiting my dad and he had this in his closet
I was surprized to see the wood was still in good condition....short of a few scratches and some wear.....
He also pulled out an old winston 3/4 size.....but it has been broken...and reglued....
the third guitar I have been unable to find any info on ...other than it has hummingbirds and flowers on the pick guard...
here are some pic's...

I am hoping someone may know where I could find some hardware for the harmony master....its missing the bridge and nut....and pick guard
the price of free I just couldnt turn down...lol

looks like a few more guitars to add to the collection.....

Auger

·
Premium Member
11,061 Posts
Sorry I can't help with parts as the Harmony archtop I have came without most of the hardware. It looks much like yours except the headstock was so mauled I had to reshape it. I found the top very weak so it sits on my bench waiting for a new brace. It did sound pretty good when it was strung up.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey Mooh...thats okay....I was just putting the feelers out to see if there was anyone who had a contact for old parts for these...Harmony's
I remember the guitar from when we were kids sitting in my grandma's attic...
and the parts were all there then....
so I will be checking some old boxes of stuff at my dad's next time I get there to see if some of the hardware still exists...though Its quite possible its gone for good...
there seems to be quite a bit of info on the web,,,,re Harmony guitars....
though I havent found this specific model yet....
I had a good laugh at the prices from back in 1956....this would have went for $54.95 give or take a few cents....

the search continues
Auger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts