The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
She's a fine technician, but a gazillion notes per second is not really my bag.

I remember an old exercise where a guitar student is tasked to create/play a song consisting of one note only. That can be quite useful (and downright surprising sometimes) as it really forces the player to explore and develop techniques/dynamics needed to impart feel and emotion.

·
Premium Member
18,957 Posts
For anyone interested...here is a reference.
For me, it is much easier and enjoyable to listen to.
That is not meant, in any way, to take anything away from Tina's performance.

19,172,000 views!!
It is wonderful to see and know that classical music has such a strong/dedicated following.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,255 Posts
Seen a few of her videos, she always has the same emotionless/bored look in her face.

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
no matter what people say, no one can take away the obvious fact that she has spent many hours practicing, and they paid off. the music isn't something i would listen to frequently, but i can appreciate all the hard work. and before you guys keep goin on how bored she looks, lemme show you the flip side of classical shreddiness

if i ever meet a girl like this you folks need to lock me up till she goes away.

shoulda seen the look on the faces of my dad & mom
when i showed up at the door with my date for the senior prom
they said "well pardon us son, but that ain't no kid. that's a cocktail waitress in a dolly parton wig"
i said i know it dad, ain't she cool? THAT'S THE KIND I DIG!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,755 Posts
Explain to me why you guys prefer a million notes per minute of piano playing versus guitar?

I suspect it makes us feel less shitty about ourselves for sucking balls. I know that's why I hate this little girl's playing. Soulless twat.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
I'm just surprised an attractive young lady spent that much time learning to play. I had an excuse to play lots as a teen - I'm ugly as sin. And I still didn't woodshed like she apparently did. Props to her, hope she doesn't burn herself out. You never get your youth back.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
So, am I the only one who thought she was sloppy on the tap runs?
It was recognizable, and up to tempo, but sloppy (no I can't play it, maybe after a few months of practice....maybe)
But blown notes could be heard, and general white noise-ish in sections.

Compared to the piano version or another metal version that's played very cleanly

·
Premium Member
8,755 Posts
So, am I the only one who thought she was sloppy on the tap runs?
It was recognizable, and up to tempo, but sloppy (no I can't play it, maybe after a few months of practice....maybe)
But blown notes could be heard, and general white noise-ish in sections.

Compared to the piano version or another metal version that's played very cleanly

I'll give you my parts guitar that cost me around $2K if you post a video of you playing that song, at that speed, with HER accuracy within 3 months.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.