The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm gonna be getting a fair amount of cash soon and will be most likely be blowing it on bass gear(even though i really should be saving it....but we all know that won't be happening).

Here's the types of gear im looking into getting and was just wondering if anyone could recommend any particular brands/models. I have an idea of the types i want to get but want to hear some other options from people.

Compressor
Noise Gate
Wah
Chorus
Ring Modulator
Pitch Shifter
Synth
EQ
Power conditioner
Line Selector

:rockon:

·
Registered
14 Posts
As much as I hate multi-effects, the Boss ME-50B will have all of those for the price of two - three of the actual pedals.

I had a ME-50B and the GT-6B for over a year and both were great. I'm just old fashioned and prefer very little colouration to my sound so I use this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a multi-FX when i played guitar, and it's fine for messing around and song writing but i don't like the sound of them. i'm looking more for single pedals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Compressor - Boss LMB-3 It is an outstanding Value, offers uncolored compression with variable settings and an exciter (which i would turn off completely)

Noise Gate - apperantly the MXR smart gate is just about the best one around for a pedal format and a good price.

Wah - ?

Chorus - EBS makes a great chorus for bass as well as carl martin.

Ring Modulator - ?

Pitch Shifter - Digitech bass whammy is cool

Synth - teh electro-harmonix bass micro synth is for sure the best widely available synth, but the akai deep impact is REALLY good if you can find one.

EQ - mxr 10 band eq (jeff ament uses them?)

Power conditioner - to power your pedals or a true power conditioner? to power pedals the best value is the Power-all by godlyke

Line Selector - True bypass boxes are great and inexpensive or the carl martin combinator 2 is absolutly awesome.

cheers Ted

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ted13 said:
Synth - teh electro-harmonix bass micro synth is for sure the best widely available synth, but the akai deep impact is REALLY good if you can find one.

Power conditioner - to power your pedals or a true power conditioner? to power pedals the best value is the Power-all by godlyke

cheers Ted
I would love to get a deep impact, but will probably go with the EHX micro synth as i can't find a deep impact anywhere

im looking for a true power conditioner

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bucky said:
If you can afford it, get this for a wah. For a Ring Mod I'd recommend a Moog.
I'll have to try one of those wahs out, i think im probably gonna go with a dunlop 105q though unless the godlyke blows me away

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys

I picked up a EBS BassIQ, Dunlop 105q Wah, MXR Smart Gate, and boss line selector

I've still got a bit of room and with some re-arranging im gonna try to fit a digitech whammy, moog ring mod, digitech bass synth and a power conditioner on my pedal board but those can wait for now

i'l post some pics oncei get everything organized and running

1 - 10 of 10 Posts